Mathematics Grade K-8 Associate Director
Mathematics Grade K-8 Associate Director
We are looking for an experienced Grades K–8 Math Associate Director to join our talented team. We are seeking a team-oriented person who can balance troubleshooting issues that arise and proactively problem solves ways to improve editorial quality and team efficiency. Curriculum Associates has a proven record of developing top quality educational materials and solutions. We are looking for someone with the same passion for making a difference for teachers and students.
The impact you’ll have:
This position offers a highly motivated professional the opportunity to combine editorial and management skills to assist the Product Development team in taking a high volume of projects from submission to fulfillment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with team to define product vision and support development of prototypes
- Serve as a thought partner with team leadership and editorial leads, developing components for our Grade K-5 or 6-8 programs from conceptualization to final production
- Collaborate with team to define workflows, processes and resource plans that ensure high quality content and processes are being followed throughout the lifecycle of a given project
- Manage budget and resource plan
- Lead partnership with project management and editorial to develop and maintain schedule and workplan for all aspects of a project
- Identify possible project bottlenecks and offer creative solutions working collaboratively with all project stakeholders (design, sales, production, marketing, implementation, etc…)
- Partner with project leads and editors to ensure that all components are closely aligned
- Establish guidelines for accuracy, adherence to instructional design, and alignment to the Common Core or other state standards
- Review and provide feedback to writers and editors (both internal and external), ensuring the quality and appropriateness of content with respect to grade and reading levels, content accuracy, and pedagogical fidelity
- Train and support writers and editors throughout all phases of assigned projects
- Effectively manage vendor relationships
- Participate in focus groups with teachers and administrators and visit classrooms
What we’re looking for:
- 5–10 years of experience in K-5 and/or 6-8 Mathematics educational publishing with experience editing print materials
- Experience leading teams of vendors, freelancers, and internal staff to deliver quality products
- Deep familiarity with Common Core State Standards
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining the quality of the product
- Ability to see the big picture and dig into the details
- Proven writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Elementary Education, or a related field required
We’d also love to see (though not required):
- Elementary or Middle School Math teaching experience
Salary Commensurate with experience.
Location Billerica, MA/Boston, MA; working remotely is an option
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.