Associate Director, Professional Development- Southeast
Associate Director, Professional Development
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person! #CareersAtCA
Curriculum Associates prides itself on offering outstanding service to its customers, which has been part of the company’s heritage for over 45 years. The growth in business has resulted in an extensive suite of professional development solutions provided to customers. We currently have multiple large, district-wide implementations of our programs across the country that we need to support, sustain, and grow through outstanding site-based service. We are looking for a dynamic and seasoned executive to lead a professional development team in the Southeast. The Associate Director of Professional Development will oversee customer implementations within their defined state or region. This key individual will have extensive staff management, strategic project management, and customer retention responsibilities, as described below.
The Associate Director of Professional Development will oversee all operations and activities of a full and part-time team of Professional Development Managers and Consultants. They will be responsible for ensuring all policies, procedures, team collaboration, strategic project planning, efforts toward customer growth/retention, and productivity goals are met within their assigned team.
As an active participant in PD Leadership and the Southeast Leadership Teams, the Associate Director of Professional Development will play a key role in ensuring growth, success and fidelity across all internal and external partnerships.
The impact you’ll have:
- Build capacity of managers and consultants in a growing team to ensure ongoing quality service as we partner with districts in beginning to advanced implementations
- Contribute to the vision and ongoing success on Curriculum Associates by actively serving on leadership teams
- Interview, hire, onboard, coach, train, and manage a team that delivers a quality PD journey to districts and quality participation in internal partnerships
- Ensure PD Manager/PD Lead effectiveness and success in leading their teams of your indirect reports
- Manage business demand by collaborating with and coaching managers to strategically assign PD account ownership while ensuring balance of workloads across the team
- Manage day-to-day department budget to control expenses and drive profitability
- As necessary, model the development of implementation plans, delivery of exceptional professional development, collaboration with district leaders, and analyzing assessment data to grow implementations and drive fidelity in program adoption while building capacity in team to lead implementations
- Strategize with sales and account management partners on how to drive increasing product usage, program engagement, and customer renewal by leveraging PD as a driver
- Promote company PD strategy and offerings at customer events, such as conferences and symposia
- Partner with sales counterpart(s) to support new and existing business through participation in presentations and strategic meetings
- Contribute to internal teams, such as sales, account management, PD Operations, Content Development etc., to identify barriers to implementation, propose solutions internally and externally, and escalate when needed
- Ensure team actively participates in internal meetings and contributes to the overall health of their assigned implementations.
- Conduct regular formal observations, performance evaluations, and regular check-ins to ensure customers are receiving quality outcome-based PD focused on impacting student and teacher practice
- Lead and facilitate internal training and development efforts for the team
- Perform ongoing management responsibilities such as approving expense reports, meeting accountability/productivity goals, solving high urgency challenges, etc
What we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10+ years of experience in delivering professional development services to educators and management of a professional development team or organization
- Background in education, having served in a site-based, district- or state-level leadership role
- Past success in a management role with 10+ direct and indirect reports (internal or external)
- Experience in staffing analysis/hiring recommendations based on sales pipeline as well as interviewing/selection process
- Effective management strategies that celebrate successes, address growth opportunities and document performance for both manager and consultant levels
- Experience writing Professional Development proposals for large scale implementations
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development
- Strong presentation delivery skills
- Growth mindset, with commitment to ongoing learning and willingness to be flexible to meet evolving company and customer needs.
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of time
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize appropriately.
- Proven organization skills, high attention to details, and superior time management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work confidently and independently
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and company cell phone. Ability to keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked for work-related travel. Mileage reimbursement may be available for applicable travel.
Travel: Travel up to 75% is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation.
Location: This position will support Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, and South Carolina. Candidates will need to reside in one of the listed states. Additionally, a valid driver's license is required for this role.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.