Grants Writer (Part Time Remote)
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Headquartered outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
We are seeking a talented part-time remote Grants Writer to join one of the best Bids & Proposals teams in the industry as we grow this key business function. We offer an environment where excellence is rewarded and you can have a meaningful impact not only on business operations, but academic communities nationwide. In this role, you’ll be part of a team that is ethical, dedicated, collaborative, creative, and passionate about “getting it right.”
The impact you’ll have:
- Work directly with school districts, the Grants Manager, CA’s Sales team, and other cross-functional team members to support grant-writing efforts.
- Help to train the Sales team on available grants and how to best support their districts in finding and securing funding to purchase CA’s programs and services.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to write compelling, targeted grant proposals.
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining necessary approvals.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Log and monitor tracking data, including number of submissions and success rate.
- Coordinate requirements with contributors and provide proposal status and related information on review meetings.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts, including executive summaries, project plans, organization credentials, etc.
- Participate in CA’s research efforts on grant funding and become a subject matter expert in this area.
- Improve grant-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate as necessary.
- Maintain professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, etc.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of grant- or proposal-writing experience in the K–12 education field
- An outstanding communicator, gifted in the art of “selling through writing” and able to confidently lead live presentations and productive conversations with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across teams with competing needs, including the demonstrated ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills, and techniques to communicate with various constituents (e.g., teachers, administrators, university staff, community partners) with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Excellent attention to detail and a true love of writing and research
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, and other standard business applications; Qvidian experience preferred
Please include two professional writing samples with your resume. Applications without a writing sample will not be considered.
More about this role:
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.