Associate Technical Product Manager
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Associate Technical Product Manager will play an integral role in supporting the conceptualization and development of exceptional interactive learning experiences. They will work closely with Technical Product Managers to problem solve and ensure that new products are delivered on time and in a flexible manner that meets all pedagogical and design requirements. The Associate Technical Product Manager will have a variety of responsibilities related to different teams that create i-Ready instruction, which means that they will have opportunities to participate in the dynamic product development process from end-to-end.
Why join this team:
If you are interested in Educational Technology and looking for a team to teach you the ropes, this is the role for you! You will contribute to the development of the technology that powers lessons in both Math and Reading. You will learn what it takes to create flexible and innovative interactive activities that balance engagement and pedagogical needs. You will grow your product knowledge, learn best practices for project management and product development, and discover how the best learning solutions are created by bringing together diverse voices and fostering creative collaboration and iteration.
The impact you’ll have:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Designers during different parts of the product development workflow
- Become familiar with our existing activities and their specs, system capabilities and restrictions, and global product rules
- Create actionable product requirements to consolidate pedagogical needs and design concepts.
- Learn to use our internal authoring platform to review lesson content and create sample content used in the product development workflow
- Help maintain and rectify legacy documentation as well as create new technical documentation as needed
- File JIRA tickets with clear acceptance criteria and verify the work is completed to spec
- Support project leads to schedule meetings, document decisions, communicate with stakeholders, optimize workflows, etc.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience developing interactive products
- Comfort and willingness to learn new technologies
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Working knowledge of Grades K-8 mathematics or language arts curriculum
- Gaming, kid’s entertainment, or education sector experience
- Familiarity with project management software such as Jira
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
More about this role:
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.