Sr. Business Analyst – Human Capital Management
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly-qualified Senior Business Analyst to serve as a member of the Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. The Senior Business Analyst will act as an intermediary between the business partners and the IT team, and is responsible for collecting, clarifying, and documenting business requirements. The Senior Business Analyst will also act as an active thought partner and HR application visionary who shapes business demand for technology. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired.
Why join this team:
You’ll have Tier 1 application exposure and get involved with an ongoing implementation that is transforming our business over a multi-phase, multi-year project.
The impact you’ll have:
- Work with business partners to elicit and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define detailed user requirements to enhance the design and development of our Workday, ADP, and HRSoft platforms.
- Engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- Act as an intermediary between business and IT by using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes.
- Responsible for working with the IT project management team to prioritize these changes and define project scope.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document current and future state processes by creating functional specification documents, process flows, etc.
- Builds testing plans, scenarios, and scripts to support QA efforts; actively participates in unit and system tests while coordinates user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for developing the governance process and change control management by using best practices for prioritization, requirements gathering, QA, UAT and end user training.
- Assist and coordinate the data preparation as required for QA and UAT process.
- Assist project manager by identifying project milestones, tasks, issues, risks and providing regular project status reports.
- Develops training materials and provide training to end users.
Who we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years of business and system analysis experience.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Workday or similar cloud HCM products in a complex organization.
- Functional knowledge of HR core business processes (e.g. benefits and administration, performance management, compensation planning, recruitment/on-boarding, payroll, etc.) preferably in the Education technology industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Must be available to occasionally work off-hours to support project activities and deployments.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Project management skills and experience is a plus.
- PMI Business Analysis certification is a plus.
- Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Workday or similar cloud application certifications is a plus.
More about this role:
Location: The candidate will work in our 300 Concord Road, Billerica MA office. The position has some work from home flexibility.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.