Associate Manager, Events
Associate Manager, Events
At Curriculum Associate (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a high energy Associate Events Manager responsible for developing and executing a range of national and regional events with a variety of teams to ensure successful delivery of virtual, hybrid, and in person events. A key contributor to thought leadership, lead generation, and customer retention initiatives, this individual will develop strategy for company events ranging from national conferences to customer symposia working closely with Marketing and Sales to integrate all efforts. A sleeves-rolled-up orientation, ability to work under pressure, and superb organizational skills are key to this demanding and diverse role. Experience across email, web, and other digital tools to drive demand generation and build brand awareness is highly considered.
The impact you’ll have:
- Responsible for developing overall plan for each program, identifying stakeholders, and working closely with all parties to ensure the best service delivery
- Develop, monitor, and communicate project timelines, training, rehearsal, and assignment of accountabilities for team members and stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders such as A/V, local venues, information technology, Platform Design team, etc.
- Provide live event support during events as an CA virtual events subject matter expert, in partnership with Technical Director and platform vendor
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve technical/platform issues before, during, and after an event, including the maintenance of a platform incident log
- Recommend and institute operational changes to increase efficiency and quality and/or decrease costs
- Work directly with vendors and clients to negotiate contracts for various services and products related to the event (venues, keynotes, etc.)
- Support the management of project expenses at or below budget, maximizing profitability, and identifying opportunities to reduce costs or reallocate resources
- Manage communications with internal stakeholders about event goals, agenda, and support needs
- Manage outreach to drive attendance of in person and virtual events
- Build event sites and promotional communications within Cvent
- Monitor, screen, and respond timely to all internal/external communications
Who we’re looking for:
- A creative problem solver with a high level of initiative
- Proven record of managing a small team
- Works well under pressure, able to multi-task with strong organizational skills
- Confident and assertive with an ability to effectively influence others
- High degree of professionalism – an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Strong level of intensity and commitment to providing a high level of customer service
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Product and Sales teams
- Ability to carry and lift boxes and withstand the demands of being on your feet at events
- An interest in hospitality
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Cvent, and/or other event management tools
- 2 or more years of experience in the event industry and 1 or more years as an indirect supervisor or similar experience in meeting/conference/event planning
- 1 or more years of experience with virtual solutions/platforms in meeting planning or similar technical experience
- Associate degree in business discipline or additional work experience typically equivalent to education
Location: Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, team members will return to our offices with the CA Flex Work Approach where you can choose to work 2 days/week in office or 4+ days/week in office. For this position, we are looking for someone in the Boston area to work out of our office in Billerica, MA. This role will require travel at least 30% of the time. This includes nights and some weekend travel.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and paid company cell phone. Ability to keep travel points earned during work travel.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.