Senior Research Scientist
Senior Research Scientist, Efficacy and Implementation
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a talented Senior Research Scientist to join our Efficacy and Implementation Research team. In this role, you’ll lead the development and execution of rigorous research projects focused on CA’s current and under-development solutions for improving student outcomes in reading and mathematics, especially for students that are historically underserved. You’ll use a variety of data types, study designs, and analysis strategies to answer important questions related to maximizing the success of all students, including students who are unprepared for the grade in which they find themselves and students who are likely to receive a lower quality education. You will also be managing projects and collaborating with external researchers and contractors.
This opportunity is right for you if:
- You are fiercely committed to providing educators and decision makers at all levels of the education system -- national, state, district, and classroom –timely, accurate, meaningful research results to inform policy and practice
- You are deeply passionate about using the power of data analytics and research to help all students reach their potential – especially those students who have been prepared inequitably
- You have experience with and interest in research related to closing achievement gaps, equity in education, and other issues related to underserved student populations.
- You are energized when your research is due on a tight turn-around because it is needed by decision-makers at all levels of the education system to inform timely decisions that will help make classrooms better for students and teachers
- You can independently handle quantitative analyses and communicate the results clearly and succinctly to non-technical audiences
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll be partnered with a dynamic team to lead studies that answer actionable research questions about numerous educational interventions, products, and services
- You’ll draft documentation for internal and external audiences, including process documentation, analysis specifications, and reporting of results of efficacy, implementation, or policy-relevant research
- You will have opportunities to present research findings to diverse audiences, including staff meetings, meetings with external clients, and professional conferences
- You’ll contribute to quality control processes to ensure the accuracy of data, analyses, and findings of research project
Who we’re looking for:
- Ph.D. in education research, evaluation, psychology, or other quantitative social science discipline, with 5+ years of post-graduate work experience
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, designing, and leading education research and/or evaluation projects using rigorous quasi-experimental methods
- Demonstrated expertise with matching, hierarchical modeling, clustering or other data reduction techniques, and other complex statistical methods
- Advanced-level SAS/R programmer with experience in manipulating large, complex datasets
- Demonstrated expertise in SQL querying from large, complex databases from multiple sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent worker and is an enjoyable, collaborative colleague who team members value
Location: This is a remote position which will work collaboratively with a team of other researchers, most of whom are also working remotely.
Travel Expectations: Less than 10% of total time.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
A writing sample from a research project you led is required for consideration.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.