Product Specialist (Spanish Reading) - Temporary
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Product Specialist (Spanish Reading) will play an integral role in supporting the conceptualization and execution of exceptional interactive learning experiences that drive improvements in student performance and engagement. They will work closely with other Product team members to problem solve and ensure that new products are delivered on time and within budget. The Product Specialist will have a variety of responsibilities related to different teams that create i-Ready instruction, which means that they will have opportunities to participate in the dynamic product development process from end-to-end.
Why join this team:
If you are interested in Educational Technology and looking for a team to teach you the ropes, this is the role for you. You will contribute to the development of innovative, effective digital reading lessons with a particular focus on our new suite of lessons in Spanish. You will learn what it takes to take lessons from concept to delivery and all the stages in between. You will grow your product knowledge, learn best practices for project management and vendor relationships, and how to deliver complex projects on time and on budget. You will be driven by the needs of students and educators and approach every challenge with them in mind.
The impact you’ll have:
- Contribute to the release of the next generation of Spanish reading lessons through i-Ready Reading Spanish
- Learn to use our content creation tools and authoring platform to review and edit lesson content
- Become familiar with our existing content, documentation, and specs
- Collaborate with other Product team members, Project Managers, Engineers, Quality Engineers, Designers, and outside vendors during different parts of the delivery workflow
- Support project leads to schedule meetings, document decisions, optimize workflow, manage correspondence between teams and vendors, etc.
- Assist with asset and content tracking, and help communicate with vendors and freelancers
- Support review of assets and copy, and learn to be flexible and innovative about balancing curriculum and engagement at this detailed level
- Manage information-tracking on Confluence to ensure teams and vendors have access to important information they need
- Work closely with Product and Marketing teams on product releases and documentation
Who we’re looking for:
- Full Spanish language proficiency - ability to review educational content for accuracy
- Genuine interest in K–5 educational content
- Great attention to detail; strong written and communication skills in English and Spanish
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Interest in learning about product development and content management systems
- Well-versed in word processing and presentation software
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- 1–3 years’ experience developing interactive products
- Familiarity with project management software such as Wrike or Jira
More about this role:
Location: Remote. You will also have the ability to work out of the Billerica, MA office once the office open again, if desired.
Starting date: ASAP
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.