At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Why join this team:
To build award-winning software used by millions of students and educators. Join a team of talented engineers working together to solve complex problems using state-of-the-art-technology.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will impact millions of K-12 students with your contributions to our award-winning software service
- You will design, develop, and deliver rich experiences using React, Redux, and related frameworks on web & mobile interfaces
- You may occasionally make enhancements to the java-based service
- You will work closely with agile team members, product owners, and user experience designers to understand requirements and deliver technical solutions
- You will contribute to the resolution of complex software problems as they arise
- You will help evaluate and recommend technology, tools, and frameworks to build a compelling experience across multiple operating systems, devices, and browser types
- You will partner effectively with all team members in delivery against commitments
- You will work with a wide variety of AWS technologies
Who we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and have a track record of past project achievements that demonstrate great results
- You have 3+ years of experience delivering web and mobile applications, with a focus on front-end development
- You have a working knowledge of responsive design, HTML5, and CSS
- You have experience working with react.js, redux, and related frameworks
- You have experience with writing unit and integration tests with test frameworks like Jest, Jasmine, and Puppeteer to develop high quality, well-tested solutions
- You have a good understanding of E2E Internet application architecture including browser concepts, HTTP, REST, Security, and database concepts
- You care about quality, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability
- You develop automated tests and conduct code reviews to ensure software quality
- You work well in an agile environment and are committed to team success
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; or equivalent work experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with building services and APIs with backend frameworks, especially Java and associated open-source frameworks
- Experience with educational software
More about this role:
Location: This role will be performed remotely from Greensboro, NC until we open the office in that location. This team uses CA’s Flexible Work Approach, which enables employees on office based teams to work in-office 2 days/week and remotely 3 days/week. For employees who don’t have the space or the desire to work remotely 3 days per week, CA also offers a 4+ days/week in-office option.
Starting Date: ASAP
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.