Carolina CAT - Yard Attendant (Power Systems)
The Rental Yard Attendant (Service Logistics Coordinator) is responsible for ensuring that the return to ready process maintains efficiency by coordinating the logistics of machines and bulk between the yard, technicians, and customers or drivers. The Service Logistics coordinator is also responsible for maintaining the yard and bulk inventory in accordance with the Green Tag Ready process and 6S standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect and check every machine going on and coming off rent in accordance with rental procedures and guidelines, documenting and filing all necessary paperwork.
- Interacts with customers, internal and external, drivers and other branches
- Work closely with the Rental Coordinators to provide fast, efficient service to our customers
- Properly match up machines with required bulk for each rental
- Ensures that bulk inventory is properly stored and records are accurate.
- Inspects returned machines for damages, fuel, hours and photographs any potential customer damages and loads into the iRental Inspect Application
- Inspects turned machines for Quality Control and updates statuses in iRental
- Ensures the Return-to-Ready process is adhered to including Rent Ready Tag program
- Keeps Rent Ready line/yard organized, including bulk and rental shop facilities
- Assists Rental Coordinator with daily delivery/pickup schedule, to include ordering permits, contacting customers when drivers are in route, and receiving equipment in iRental when the driver or customer returns a rented machine
- Helps in shop as needed with equipment washing, turns, repairs, etc.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the local language, reads and comprehends technical data/service manuals and writes legibly.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive bending tasks and achieve required torque specifications per manufacturer's repair procedures.
Must have keyboarding skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A valid driver’s license
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.