Carolina CAT - Advanced Electrical Field Service Engineer
Carolina CAT firmly believes that our employees drive the success of the company. Collectively, our employees all work together to make a difference for our customers. We service and support many different industries by performing inspections, modifications and repairs on low and medium voltage electrical systems. Carolina Cat’s, Advanced Electrical Services (AES) team is growing and we are seeking experienced Field Service Engineers to help serve our customers! We offer a great family-oriented culture, a strong benefits package to include medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time, 401(k), and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Duties include electrical field service activities; customer engineering, technical assistance, preventive maintenance, modifications, repair and systems checkout of new and existing installations. Applicant must have experience with a portion of the following items:
- Troubleshooting and operation of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
- DC/AC, Voltage Circuit Theory and practical troubleshooting skills.
- Troubleshooting of various Diesel isochronous governing systems controlling 480VAC/12.47KVAC, engine-generators and circuit breakers.
- Inspections, Testing and Repair on low and medium, voltage power control systems and distribution switchboards.
- Reading schematics and blueprints for power control, automation and ability to provide customer technical support.
- A working knowledge of OSHA safety rules, laws and regulations concerning electrical and technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of electrical field service experience is required.
- Applicant must be customer-oriented, a self-starter, and capable of handling large engineering Be able to provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Applicant must possess a valid state driver’s license at all times and be available for emergency service
- Possess Strong Verbal, Written and Presentation Have excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Location: Charlotte, NC
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.