Carolina CAT - Product Support Sales Rep, Truck Engine
This position will work to achieve sales and profit goals of parts and service by promoting and selling product support offerings to assigned territory customer base. They will also identify and establish new revenue opportunities within territory as well as growing existing customer based accounts via marketing based strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage territory through Sales Link to identify market opportunities. Responsible for updating equipment and contact information. Create quotes and manage projects using PSQ and Service Link.
- Maintain and grow customer relationships throughout assigned territory. Develop business strategies with assistance from Marketing Dept. designed to partner with customers.
- Some after hours, weekend, on-call services will be required
- Maintains communication between the customer and various product support departments to ensure service work being performed as quoted and scheduled.
- Pursues the critical success factors for the application, distribution, and satisfaction of the customers’ needs for service programs.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with Caterpillar and their field representatives to support the service programs and achieve overall goals.
- Initiates and completes reports and other associated paperwork detailing customer calls, sales activity, commission, etc.
- Develops and updates a customer list for mailings and maintains a customer quote log.
Education and/or Experience
- Preferably Five years’ minimum industry experience and one to two years’ sales experience or Associates year degree..
- Excellent organizational, influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
Excellent customer service and prospecting skills with the ability to approach the sales process creatively and in a professional and consultative manner.
- Excellent leadership skills, including decision making, creative thinking and goal setting skills.
An excellent knowledge of the market and the product with the ability to discuss the technical aspects of Power Systems equipment.
- Excellent project management and conflict management skills with a good ability to manage change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Including influence and negotiation skills.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to interpret policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, data base systems (DBS) and a basic ability to operate industry specific PC programs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.