LiftOne - Technical Trainer, Service Process/Operator
Under the supervision of the Technical Training Manager, the Service Process/Operator Trainer will be responsible for partnering with lines of business to develop and implement learning solutions, create and train employees on role/process specific content, properly train customers to obtain their operators certification per OSHA/ANSI standards, and evaluate learning initiatives to make continuous improvements. This position will also support our technical training and technical support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner and collaborate with key clients, subject matter experts, and stakeholders to design, develop and/or deliver learning offerings such as work processes (i.e. service & warranty processes), fundamental technical (i.e. Basic Electrical/Hydraulics & Periodic Maintenance), and customer specific training (i.e. Operator training certification courses).
- Project manage training solution including needs assessment, design, development, delivery, and assessment activities.
- Emphasize safety during all LiftOne and customer training courses. (I would move this to the bottom of the essential duties).
- Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Monitor, deliver, and interpret ROI metrics for business impact, adoption, utilization, and alignment.
- Partner with the training team and other key stakeholders to constantly improve training delivery methods and content.
- Embrace technology to the fullest; always striving to find a better, faster, simpler way to build our technicians capability.
- Develop strong relationships with management, supervisors, and employees to gain knowledge of work procedures/situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies to suggest improvements, develop course materials and receive feedback.
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, refresher training, etc.
- Test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Partner with the Career Development Manager and provide feedback on their Technicians’ development.
- Monitor methods used by employees and make on the spot corrections.
- Assist employees with problems concerning "how to" perform specific tasks related to their position.
- Remain current on developments in training and instructional methodologies including technology enhancements and attends periodic seminars, forums, and meetings to ensure currency of education.
- Consult with senior instructional staff to confirm program/system objectives, operational procedures, and system/program constraints.
- Assists with the development of less senior training staff.
- Partner with the Training Coordinator on scheduling, class preparation, customer quoting/invoicing, training records, etc.….
- Prepare training status reports, exhibits, memoranda, and training desk procedures as required.
- Partner with Technical Career Development Managers and assist with Career Development guidelines, progression paths, and level proficiency assessment testing.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from a Technical College or University; or 5+ yrs related experience and desire to achieve a Hyster Certified Trainer Certification.
- Must have the ability to teach and convey technical information in a manner that promotes learning.
- Experience with and understanding of schematics, blueprints, ERP systems (Service Max) strongly preferred, service literature.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Strong in PowerPoint and Excel, with knowledge of One Note, Teams, One Drive, SharePoint)
- Ability to learn and use industry specific computer programs
- Learning Management System experience (preferred)
- Technical writing experience (Preferred)
- Articulate or other LMS content development tools experience (strongly preferred)
- Must be able to meet company requirements for auto insurance coverage
- Hyster Certified Trainer Certification (or ability and desire to obtain)
- Motivated Self-Starter
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to succeed in an environment with limited supervision
- Growth Mindset
- Passion for helping and assisting others
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in customer-centric organizations with the ability to work with a range of stakeholders.
- Public speaking
- Technical or Training Content Development
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.