Director, Real Estate and Facilities
CTE, a third generation, full-service distributor of construction, power generation and material handling equipment requires a strong Director of Real Estate & Facilities. The organization operates four divisions with 30 locations across 5 states in the Southeast.
The Director of Real Estate & Facilities will be responsible for the development, management, and execution of all Real Estate and Facility strategies throughout the CTE footprint, inclusive of all owned and leased locations. Key deliverables include life cycle planning, building maintenance services, capital forecasting/management, and project management for facility renovations and expansions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and deliver a strategic playbook for real estate and facilities management that balances total cost of ownership with the needs of the operating divisions.
- Drive execution of key projects, anticipate and mitigate risks, and operate with an “on time, on budget” mindset that is reinforced with direct reports and third-party vendors.
- Negotiate a wide variety of real estate transactions such as new leases, renewals, amendments and subleases including drafting and preparation of agreements and related documents.
- Develop a strong working relationship with vendors, including general contractors, architects, sub-contractors, brokers, and service providers (maintenance, landscaping, security, etc).
- Manage the forecasting, prioritization, and capital expense approval process for all real estate projects.
- Accountable for implementing continuous improvement projects, including but not limited to; operationalizing lease management database, maintaining site assessments, establishing and enforcing CTE facility standards, and delivering on various security initiatives.
- Oversee lease administration; manage and monitor key/critical dates such as renewal and termination options.
- Manage real estate financial obligations and annual cap-ex budget; review of annual TICAM and operating expenses for lease compliance on a per location basis.
- Serve as Project Manager on major capital projects and communicate progress to key stakeholders in a transparent, consistent manner.
- Understand various obligations as stated in the leases; pursue landlords for compliance (as needed); recommend and coordinate legal action as necessary.
- Recommend updates to facility layouts that support a more collaborative and productive environment for office, warehouse, and shop employees.
- Perform due diligence on properties which are part of potential business acquisitions; manage efforts to successfully integrate acquired (leased or owned) facilities.
- Effectively present information to Senior Leadership Team; present lease deals and large project cap-ex for approval
- Ability to complete an RFP for multiple projects in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Real Estate, Engineering or other qualitative field or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in management of real estate, facilities, leases, and construction.
- Strong understanding and competency negotiating different types of leases either directly or with broker assistance.
- Conduct/obtain market surveys and assessments; ability to determine fair market rate to be used in negotiations and analysis.
- Capable of creating Capital budgets on an annual and per project basis.
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Capable of analyzing quotes for mechanical, electrical, lighting, plumbing, roofing, asphalt, concrete and general facility repairs to determine the appropriate solution and the best value.
- Capable of writing scope of work for major projects such as a store remodel.
- Provide project management for large capital projects.
- Understanding of store/office signage, including use of materials, permitting, etc.
- General understanding of property and liability insurance.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills with the ability to mitigate risks before they compromise timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – effectively communicates across all levels of the organization.
- Political savvy in order to work the formal and informal lines of communication and build consensus within dynamic, competitive teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, peers and others in the organization.
- Ability and willingness to make tough decisions with less than complete information.
- Ability to delegate, make decisions, and hold people (employees and third parties) accountable for agreed upon job goals.
- Skill in prioritizing, assigning, reviewing and evaluating work
- Broad general management skills. Including knowledge of business systems, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.