Under the supervision of Credit Manager, the Collections Specialist is responsible for the collection of assigned accounts. This position will be responsible for researching and assisting the credit team. The person in this position must be a team player and be able to prioritize multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and perform collections for assigned account portfolio
- Maintain records, collection notes, and customer info within business systems
- Work out repayment plans for past due accounts within policy limits
- Support the Credit Analysts, EDI coordinators & customers
- Process customer payments and assist with online account issues
- Research and respond promptly to customer inquiries and assist with account reconciliation
- Assist with reviews and sales orders placed on credit hold
- Provide feedback and refer legal recommendations on credit risks to the Credit Manager
- Evaluate pay history to determine if account needs to be placed on hold or modified
- Effectively communicate with operations to exchange information regarding customer delinquency
- Investigates complaints, verifies accuracy of charges, or correct errors to account
- Works on special credit department projects and complete other tasks as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- At least 1+ years of credit or collections experience highly preferred
- Microsoft Office, SAP preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.