Carolina CAT - Parts Driver
The Driver (w/out CDL) is responsible for operating the company vehicle to pick up and deliver parts or equipment in a defined geographical area, adhering to all company policies and DOT regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Customer first attitude, willingness to help and the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with customers and internal employees
- Candidates must have clean driving record
- Good communication skills
- Duties include hauling to and from customers and other Carolina Tractor locations.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
- Duties are inclusive to overtime hours and periodic weekend dispatch.
- Sorts and places parts or items in racks, shelves, or in vidmars safely.
- Receipts stock into system.
- Material put away and receipting are done with accuracy to insure correct material and quantities are being received.
- Utilizes a Personal Computer, specifically DBSi applications, to complete inquiry of certain material orders.
- Picks material from stock locations to fill customer waiting, shop, will call, drop box, DST, UPS, S/T and factory return orders.
- Picks with accuracy to insure correct material and quantities are being picked.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Promote safety through own work habits.
- If noticed, this individual needs to report to supervisor any conditions that do not meet OSHA standards.
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED
- Must be able to pass a NCDOT physical
- Knowledge of all types of equipment, (Construction, Material Handling, Attachments, Generators, Etc.) and good communication skills
- A valid driver’s license with two years verifiable driving experience
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.