Carolina CAT - Field Service Rental Technician
The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct Field inspections, preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, and may drain/clean/refill fuel systems.
- Fully inspect and check every machine coming on and coming off of rent in accordance to rental store procedures, documenting and filing all necessary paperwork.
- Uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- Climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- Uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly.
- Work closely with the Rental Coordinators to provide fast, efficient service to our customers
- Remove and install any attachments and check for operation that the customer requests.
- Uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle.
- Use instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers. The employee uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar position.
- Must have experience working on construction rental equipment (Caterpillar experience strongly preferred).
- Must provide tools necessary to perform job functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the local language, reads and comprehends technical data/service manuals and writes legibly.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive bending tasks and achieve required torque specifications per manufacturer's repair procedures.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.