LiftOne - Continuous Improvement Manager
We are seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager and "change agent" to help drive our CI implementation and training efforts. The CI Lead will head up our business transformation plan which utilizes Lean tools and engages our team in waste elimination and continuous improvement and is a key element of our strategy for improvement and growth.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the role will be critical to the success of the Continuous Improvement plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership and guidance for LiftOne’s Service Optimization Lean transformation program
- Own and drive the LiftOne playbook including implementation of standard work, layered audits, process optimization, kaizen bursts, daily performance huddles, and value stream mapping
- Drive the process for identifying, aggregating, and deploying best practices and improvement ideas across LiftOne’s branch network; help build KPIs to track success
- Play a key role in the development of a Continuous Improvement culture in order to ensure the customers realize that the company is truly committed to building value for them
- Provide necessary training for employees to support continuous improvement ideas that will be generated by all levels within the organization
- Coach and mentor a team of continuous improvement specialists to build a key talent pipeline into the organization
- Identify and prioritize continuous improvement projects and work with cross functional leaders to staff appropriately to drive impact across the business
- Direct the training of all company employees in Lean principles and help them understand that in continuous improvement, as you approach the answers, more questions will arise. Be prepared to always answer the “why” question to all levels of the organization. Explain continuous improvement in terms that make sense to them.
- Provide direct facilitation for specific Lean events.
- Work to create a Lean culture and build root cause problem solving capabilities throughout the company in a manner that the team embraces and understands. The key is to have our group realize that CI helps them do their jobs more effectively and easier.
- Provide direct consultation with the leadership teams and help establish the vision.
- Develop a communication and management cadence that will that will promote CI/Lean successes.
- Coordinate the storage, management and dissemination of CI/Lean office and training materials
- Be a thought partner to service leaders in achieving customer experience goals and annual sales/profitability targets
The continuous improvement director will directly manage a team of continuous improvement specialists and direct cross functional project teams
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or math preferred with a focus on analytics or industrial engineering.
- Seven-plus years of experience in teaching Lean and implementation of CI/Lean methodologies with a demonstrated success in building a continuous improvement culture and driving business impact.
- Excellent project management skills are necessary as we begin this journey. PMP certification a plus.
- Required Lean Knowledge: DMAIC; Standard Work; Kanban / Pull Systems; TPM; Kaizen; Problem Solving; 5S; Value Stream Mapping; Continuous Flow / Cell Design; Daily Huddles; Lean Management Systems
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate others.
- Can effectively present technical information to groups verbally and through written reports
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, bias for action, a passion for excellence and an ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience with equipment within a service focused operation is preferred
- Computer Skills: Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Travel: 50% to 18 LiftOne branches throughout Southeast
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.