Power Products & Solutions - NETA Electrical Testing Technician
We are hiring technicians in North Carolina and South Carolina!
Does the idea of being part of an elite team of technicians responsible for testing, maintaining and repairing electrical distribution systems up to 35 kV sound exciting to you? Power Products and Solutions is looking for experienced NETA technicians to join our team of electrical testing specialists. We currently have several opportunities available.
- Maintains daily, weekly and/or monthly reports and inspections as required.
- Works with and takes direction from the Field Service Manager.
- Learns, understands, and complies with safety, and other emergency practices.
- Informs the supervisor of any condition deemed to be unsafe.
- Learns, understands, and complies with all Company and customer policies.
- Participates in training directed at increasing job-related skills and to maintain or acquire NETA Certification.
- Assists in training of other employees as directed.
- Works according to the schedule prepared by the supervisor.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Assists in emergencies as needed including emergency calls at non-scheduled hours.
- Assists and ensures that all work areas are returned to a clean, neat, orderly, and safe condition.
- Reports to supervisor any information having the potential to affect customer or employee relations.
- Responds in a professional, polite, and helpful manner when dealing with other staff and customers.
In addition to having a valid driver’s license and solid experience with electrical distribution systems and equipment, we would love to welcome the opportunity to interview with you if you have experience in the following areas:
- A sound understanding of electricity and electronics including AC and DC circuits.
- Perform Inspections, Testing and Maintenance on low, medium and high voltage power distribution equipment.
- Understanding of NETA Acceptance and Maintenance Testing Specifications.
- Maintaining and repairs various equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers and switchgears.
- Read and understand electrical schematics with ability to troubleshoot electrical equipment and systems.
- Completes maintenance activities during limited plant shut-downs.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting customer’s electrical problems to assure the entire system runs safely and efficiently.
- Understanding the customers’ needs and time constraints and completing scheduled testing and service safely and within the time constraint identified while providing superior quality workmanship to meet and/or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- A working knowledge of OSHA safety rules, laws and regulations concerning electrical and technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.