Carolina CAT - Truck Product Support Sales Rep
The Product Support Sales Rep (PSSR) will support our Truck Division. The PSSR will work to achieve sales and profit goals of parts and service by promoting and selling product support offerings to assigned territory customer base. They will also identify and establish new revenue opportunities within territory as well as growing existing customer based accounts via marketing based strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage territory through PTOS information to identify market opportunities. Responsible for updating equipment and contact information to assist with POPS % goals.
- Maintain and grow customer relationships throughout assigned territory. Develop business strategies with assistance from Marketing Dept. designed to partner with customers.
- Provide market analysis and develop plans to “Own The Service Business”.
- Maintains communication between the customer and various product support departments to ensure service work being performed as quoted and scheduled.
- Pursues the critical success factors for the application, distribution, and satisfaction of the customers’ needs for service programs.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with Caterpillar and their field representatives to support the service programs and achieve overall goals.
- Initiates and completes reports and other associated paperwork detailing customer calls, sales activity, commission, etc.
- Develops and updates a customer list for mailings and maintains a customer quote log.
Education and/or Experience
- Five years’ minimum industry experience with at least one to two years’ sales experience preferably with Caterpillar equipment.
- Excellent organizational, influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
Excellent customer service and prospecting skills with the ability to approach the sales process creatively and in a professional and consultative manner.
- Excellent leadership skills, including decision making, creative thinking and goal setting skills.
An excellent knowledge of the market and the product with the ability to discuss the technical aspects of Caterpillar equipment.
- Excellent project management and conflict management skills with a good ability to manage change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including influence and negotiation skills.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to interpret policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
Charlotte, NC or Asheville, NC
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.