Senior Salesforce Developer
The Senior Salesforce Developer is a member of the Business Technology team, reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Platforms. This role develops customized solutions within the ServiceMax / Salesforce platform and middleware layers to support critical business functions and meet project objectives. This role will also provide mentorship to junior Developers and System Administrators.
Given that the role will interact heavily with members of the Business Technology team as well as members of various business units, candidates must bring a “customer service” oriented approach to their work, seeing their primary function as an enabler to business solutions. As such, the following traits will be valued when evaluating candidates:
- Customer Driver: Uncompromised focus on helping our internal customer achieve success.
- Positive Engaged Employee: Recognizing that our employees work and succeed together.
- Accountability: Honoring commitments, taking action, and following through to closure.
- Adaptability: Continuously seeking to improve the business and one’s self.
- Detail Oriented: Getting the details right in all work products and communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide expert advice on the ServiceMax / Salesforce platform
- Develop and test customized solutions within the ServiceMax / Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives.
- Provide daily support and maintenance of our Salesforce instance
- Provide daily support and maintenance of our MuleSoft middleware layer
- Provide leadership to the development team and recommend best practices around code development and maintenance techniques.
- Provide guidance to development team members in ways to properly use the platform’s declarative tools and features to deliver process automation with minimal dependency on Apex code.
- Perform code reviews and assist in developing a plan to increase the overall quality of our code base.
- Develop and maintain test classes to ensure a high level of code coverage in the Salesforce instance as well as improving test class/method standards for testing business rules.
- Collaborate with testing and documentation of new features and bug fixes
- Assist in Release Management duties, including code promotions to Production and back promotions to lower-level environments.
- Support ServiceMax / Salesforce release and patch level upgrades including testing, promotion, and production deployment and support.
Education and/or Experience
- Five or more years developing on the Force.com platform as a member of an Agile development team, specifically using custom objects, managed packages, visualforce pages, controllers, Apex Triggers Workflows and code, validation rules and triggers.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Salesforce Platform Developer I or Platform Developer II Certification(s)
- Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification and/or any of the Consultant Certifications
- MuleSoft development experience
- Strong blend of service industry experience and technology You have a customer first focus and seek to understand how solutions can benefit the customers daily life.
- Growth mindset with the desire to work in a collaborative environment to promote and drive team performance.
- Possess strong analytical, design, and problem-solving skills.
- High level of motivation, self-starter, excellent at follow-up, team-player with ability to deliver within defined timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment.
- Accountable: Does what they say. Honors commitments. Takes action. Follows through.
- Detail Oriented: Gets the details right in all work products and communications.
- Positive & Engaged: Brings a positive attitude to work. Understands that employees succeed together.
- Principled: Does the right thing. Remains honest and provides constructive feedback.
- Adaptable: Improve always. Seeks to continuously improve the business, the team, and themselves.
- Individuals applying for this position should have a minimum bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Software Development.
- Preferred: Information Technology or Computer Engineering.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Able to communicate understanding and empathy when dealing with internal customers.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.