Carolina CAT - Compact Equipment Shop Technician
The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The employee uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- The employee uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- The employee climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- The employee uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly.
- The employee will do inspections, do preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, may drain/clean/refill fuel systems.
- The employee will use welders to weld frames, wear strips then use power grinders to grind welds smooth.
- The employee will lift/carry and position ram used to remove idlers, unbolt idlers, remove them with overhead crane.
- The employee uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle.
- The employee will use instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the local language, reads and comprehends technical data/service manuals and writes legibly.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive bending tasks and achieve required torque specifications per manufacturer's repair procedures.
Basic keyboarding skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.