Carolina CAT - Director, Continuous Improvement
At Carolina CAT, we firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. We're looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of invention and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our customers.
The Director of Continuous Improvement is responsible for driving overarching strategic direction, coaching and leadership on the implementation of continuous improvement (CI) efforts throughout all the Construction Division and operational functions. This position requires an experienced Lean Transformation Leader with a broad cross-functional background, as well as demonstrated success in driving improvements across transactional business processes.
Reporting directly to the Vice President General Manager – Construction, the role will be critical to the success of the Continuous Improvement strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Drive a Continuous Improvement culture within the Construction Division by prioritizing opportunities and execution of a lean transformation strategy and metrics.
- Train/Coach/Mentor employees at all levels of the organization on the tools and methods that support a continuous improvement culture. Coordinate the development internally and execute as planned.
- Deploy a CI management system (operating playbook) which includes a daily management discipline, visual management, root cause analysis and countermeasure tracking.
- Collaborate with Divisional & Enterprise leaders on creating a change management methodology that incorporates magnitude, readiness, messaging, communication, and leadership modeling. This includes partnering with leaders to ensure that change management gates and milestones are established and adhered to.
- Work with team of imbedded CI Leaders across the business, ensuring consistent execution of tasks that drive towards business objectives. This includes personally leading Kaizen events and improvement workshops across the business.
- Create, champion and lead CI steering team, including development of Kaizen pipeline across all functional areas. This includes ensuring appropriate success and sustainment measures are in place, visible and imbedded in the business operating cadence.
- Actively participate in annual strategy deployment
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 8 years’ progressive experience in Operations. Engineering may also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading Continuous Improvement initiatives, lean principles or Change Management process in a manufacturing environment or heavy machinery/equipment.
- Exceptional social IQ to work with diverse teams and experience, with a strong bias for action and results driven attitude.
- Required Lean Knowledge: DMAIC; Standard Work; Kanban / Pull Systems; TPM; Kaizen; Problem Solving ; 5S; Value Stream Mapping; Continuous Flow / Cell Design
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate others.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.