Carolina CAT - Service Coordinator
Assist with scheduling and the coordination the activities of all personnel attached to the Service Department. Ensure that the service operation focuses upon quality, reliability, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Interrelationship - Prime liaison between Service Department, the customer, and other departments of Company on matters pertaining to Service operations and business from general public. Establish job priorities and schedule daily job assignments for each mechanic. Provide close job follow using radio and telephone to revise schedules and assignments in order to maximize customer service. Maintain a work-in-process follow system on all jobs and advise customers of delays, rescheduling, and status on work-in-process jobs. Provide job status reports weekly.
- Credit and COD Clearance - Ensure that customer credit policies are maintained. Check customer credits limits and confer with Credit Manager when necessary. Coordinate COD activities with Service Accountant. Ensure that all COD jobs are collected on a daily basis.
- Work Order Audit - Review all Service time cards, service reports, purchase orders, expense vouchers, and work order job closing summaries for legibility, accuracy, and completeness before timely work order closing.
- Parts Coordination - Coordinate parts needs for Technicians and provides appropriate parts back order follow with the appropriate Parts Department personnel. Expedite all unusual parts requirements. Report all deviations.
- Customer Complaint Investigation - Research customer complaints and provide work justification material in order to maintain customer goodwill. Alert Manager of unusual customer problems. Recommend appropriate settlements or solutions.
- Technical Assistance - Provide technical assistance for Technicians. Coordinate complex technical problems or factory contacts through the Company Technical Communicator. Critique Caterpillar technical literature and Product Bulletins. Ensure that Technicians are aware of and use all reference media.
- Maintenance Programs - Schedule and coordinate field-oriented machine maintenance programs in accordance with the Company's Maintenance Contracts. Coordinate maintenance efforts on Service vehicles. Maintain individual history folders, a maintenance follow file, and cost records on all field vehicles.
- Housekeeping - Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness for the Service office, trucks, literature, and appropriate parts drop-off and pick-up areas.
- Report, in writing, all significant major account activity on the day of occurrence.
- Promote among Technicians the need for good customer relations, safe work practices, and efficient operating procedures. Ensure that they consistently produce work that is done in a neat and craftsman-like manner
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of High school graduate with acceptable experience (3+ years minimum).
- Must be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, to customers, associates and others.
- Must be able to periodically travel to customer location and for other business meetings
- Must have intermediate level PC skills, especially with MS Excel, Access and Word.
- This position requires a self-directed, personable, service oriented individual with technical aptitudes who is self-motivated, well organized, mature and possesses sound business sense. Good customer relations are a must.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.