Lead IT Business Analyst, Digital Platforms
The Lead IT Business Analyst, Digital Platforms will work closely with business partners to identify opportunities to leverage and gain value from digital technologies. These technologies can include Web/mobile platforms, CRM, ioT and anything that improves communication, marketing, sales and service to CTE customers. This position will lead the development of digital product/technology roadmaps, business requirements, metrics and on-going enhancements for key digital initiatives. Also, this position will stay up-to-date with evolving digital trends, new technologies and best practices, as well as specifically the digital roadmaps for Caterpillar, Hyster-Yale and other OEM providers of CTE equipment and parts. This position will work across the CTE Enterprise and look for opportunities to leverage digital standards and common platforms.
The Lead IT Business Analyst, Digital Platforms will report into and work closely with the Director of BT Applications, as well as collaborate and work closely with the Solutions Architecture and Digital Platforms development teams.
Key responsibilities for this role include understanding business and data requirements and translating them into functional requirements necessary for the technology solutions that meet enterprise needs, expected delivery dates and quality standards. Will develop design solutions, test scenarios and ensure the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application architecture, including integrations. The position will contribute to the story refinement/defining requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with Business Partners (digital product owners) and BT Solutions Dev teams, develop roadmaps and digital product technology plans for overall solutions. Translates business requirements into feature maps, use cases and user stories for Agile development teams.
- Network to build relationships with OEM Digital Teams to understand specific OEM digital roadmaps, product offerings and technology capabilities/architectures. Along with CTE digital product owners, provides CTE input to OEM’s, software providers and customers as it relates to coordinating joint initiatives.
- Support the creation and execution of new features to include: justifying the business case, requirements gathering, technical analysis, story creation, delivery communication and overall process/business flows impacting the feature
- Identify technical feasibility of requirements while identifying gaps and raising issues accordingly
- In the role of Product Development Lead, motivate and lead the Agile team while setting clear direction for prioritizing the backlog towards the maximum user and business value, and translating business goals into user stories
- Communication – with stakeholder groups to achieve and maintain alignment
- User Acceptance – owns test creation, execution and product sigh-off from business product owners
- Own coordinating Tech Support from BT applications perspective post go-live
- Evaluating 3rd-party digital services providers.
- Create reference manuals, training aids and other technical documents as required, including the WalkMe product training tool.
- Rental EXO and SalesForce digital expansion, including Marketing/Marketing Cloud technology requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 6+ years experience in technology/digital product development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Certified SAFe Product Owner (or equivalent)
- Specific experience with digital, Web, mobile, apps, browsers, ioT devices, CRM/loyalty and cloud technologies
- Experience capturing customer/user requirements, crafting roadmaps, business cases, formal business requirements documents (BRD’s), crafting use cases and writing user stories
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering sessions with customers, users, internal teams and business partners
- Experience in evaluating sitemaps and UI/UX, including wireframes
- Experience with digital analytics platforms such as Google GA, Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture), Core Metrics or other similar digital analytics platforms.
- Strong technical acuity and aptitude
- Experience applying concepts and techniques from various agile approaches
- Experience with JIRA, SalesForce and Confluence applications is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Azure and/or AWS certifications related to cloud applications solutions
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations of complexity, including multiple platforms and integrations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, pull and /or otherwise move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, depending on site location, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment. The employee may occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee may occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in some work environments is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.