Talent Acquisition Manager
CTE (www.CTE1926.com) is based in Charlotte, North Carolina and has over 1600 talented employees located in 5 states. We are seeking an impactful and driven individual to lead the Company’s Talent Acquisition team. The Talent Acquisition Manager will play a critical role as the Company builds on its ability to recruit, develop, and retain the talent needed to support our customers now and into the future!
The Talent Acquisition Manager will be a strategic partner to division business leaders while also being comfortable working directly with managers and employees. Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, we seek an experienced recruiting professional who has a desire to learn our business and develop a team of recruiters.
As the Company approaches its 100th anniversary in 2026, we are pleased to represent industry leading brands of Caterpillar, Hyster & Yale, SITECH, and others. We are seeking a leader who will help CTE shape the future of products and services that positively impact people’s lives in the communities we serve.
In the Talent Acquisition Manager role, you will act as a talent advisor, partnering closely with both the business and other HR leaders to set and drive strategy, goals, process, and metrics while managing a high performing recruiting team. This is a hands-on, player coach role that will have significant engagement and influence with a diverse set of leaders, customers, and partners to make a big impact on CTE. Keys to success in this role include leading with an enterprise mindset, ideating and executing solutions to complex Talent Acquisition challenges, demonstrating strong stakeholder management, and inspiring your team to greatness. In this role, you will:
Talent Consultancy and Execution
- Design, develop, and maintain a three-year talent acquisition strategy that is aligned to business growth trajectory.
- Manage, improve, and redefine the strategies and processes that identify and engage the most coveted technical and non-technical talent in our industry.
- Partner with Senior Leaders, Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners and VP-Talent Management to implement talent acquisition strategies
- Partner with Senior Leaders and the Diversity and Inclusion task force to lead diversity strategy initiatives to attract and retain a diverse workforce to CTE.
- Enhance our employer brand and employee value proposition by partnering with Marketing to showcase our talent, culture, and our company’s hiring programs, ex. internships, career fairs, veteran hiring, and more.
- Influence leaders by providing insightful market data that supports business growth and decision making.
- Direct recruit efforts on positions that are Director level and above.
- Ensure entry level talent pipeline programs are attracting high caliber candidates, operating effectively, and resulting in the best talent applying to work at CTE.
- Engage with local universities to host career fairs and attract graduate hires and college interns
Leadership and Performance Analysis
- Manage, support, and develop a team of high performing recruiters by setting aggressive sourcing and hiring goals, and by training them on recruiting best practices.
- Conduct ongoing leadership development courses to assist managers in engaging and selecting great talent
- Ensure team is delivering day-to-day operational effectiveness and quality talent acquisition outcomes within specific functional areas.
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
- Coach, mentor and evaluate team members in a way that improves the productivity of both individuals and the team.
- Translate complex and frequently ambiguous business needs into detailed team priorities and establish objectives to ensure success.
- Utilize all available data metrics to plan and adjust requisition workloads within the team ensuring team members are able to adapt to changes in business needs.
- Analyze and present recruitment metrics to leadership.
- Understand the Company’s strategic and operating plans, growth trajectory and workforce utilization requirements.
- Partner with the Finance team to ensure budgeted and non-budgeted headcount additions are financially planned and approved.
- Create mechanisms for leaders to set plans for closing the gap between current workforce and future needs through hiring, (e.g., turnover, span of control, headcount demographics, engagement measures, risk-of-leaving for high performers).
- Identify, develop, and continuously improve forecasting methodologies in partnership with HR Business Partners and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Provide essential input to management team ensuring staffing plans are based on analysis of historical performance and real-time data.
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for managing a team of high-performing recruiters who annually hire hundreds of technical and non-technical positions.
Required experience and education
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years demonstrated recruiting experience
- 3-5 years of demonstrated success in building and managing a high performing recruiting team.
- Proven experience with strategic workforce planning
- Prior experience working in an organization with multiple divisions is preferred
- Must be confident in explaining data/using data to drive improvement in standards
- Strong business acumen and a passion for sourcing talent coupled with a process driven mindset
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at the C-level, and manage complex cross-functional initiatives
- Proven track record of translating high level strategy into actionable operational plans
- Proven success in managing enterprise-wide talent acquisition projects from start to finish
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities and responsibilities in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Courage and confidence to challenge the status quo
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel 15% of the time
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.