LiftOne - Service Technician ENTRY LEVEL
Are you looking to further your career as a technician? Are you looking for an opportunity with a competitive hourly pay rate and a career development program that allows you to grow your skills and pay? Then set your gears in motion and join LiftOne as an Entry Level Technician. Under the direct supervision of the Shop/Service Manager and peer mentors, this Technician is responsible for performing entry-level planned maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting on various models of Hyster and competitive material handling equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Learn to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics
- Learn to troubleshoot and diagnose truck components
- Learn to properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts
- Learn to repair or replace major system components, including electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering, transmissions, and engines under direct supervision.
- Perform proper PM’s in a timely manner
- Be able to use all special tools properly, and maintain and properly use the normal tools of the trade
- Operate service van in a clean, safe and secure manner following all required safety rules for the job
- Follow all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by management
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Exposure to basic mechanical repair through mechanical or trade school experience
- Valid Driver’s License (possess and maintain during employment)
- Basic Computers knowledge including use of Personal Computers, Tablets, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Technical school graduate
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in repair and maintenance on industrial equipment and/or machines
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.