LiftOne - Regional Sales Manager
LiftOne Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager, or RSM, is responsible for directing all sales efforts within his/her given Territory. These include, but are not limited to, New & Used OEM Product Sales, Rental Activity, Allied Sales efforts (attachments, batteries, etc) and Managing the Sales Staff of the given territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Develops a business plan, manages assets, improves processes and all other facets of managing sales, including monitoring the budget and sales units and dollars.
- Manages the growth & profitability of the sales and rental market share for Material Handling products to company expectation.
- Directs, motivates, develops, and manages the performance of the department’s staff to achieve the overall goals of the division’s market share, profit and business plan. This will include such items as training and development, sales coverage planning, account development, monitoring sales calls and preparing reports, compensation planning, conducting performance evaluations, etc.
- Manages the DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) for every sales transaction in the given territory. Ensures that the company collects on everything we sell.
- Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship with Hyster-Yale and various other supplier partners.
- Must be able to effectively work with other department managers to ensure a standard of excellence toward customer service.
Managing s sales team in a designated territory
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Material Handling experience preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education with a technical training, a four-year degree in a technical discipline, such as Engineering or Technology or Business, Marketing, etc. is preferred.
- Successful previous experience as Sales Manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education which is demonstrated through developing a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and experience working within an industrial space
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Ability to travel at least 20% of the time
- Computer Skills: Must have experience using Microsoft Office software, as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, database systems, Prior Salesforce experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.