Carolina CAT - Rental Manager
Manage the Commercial Division Operations process for the Rental group to ensure the proper model is in place to ensure we have the right inventory, at the right utilization rates to properly support our customers and to ensure the appropriate return on investment for the Company’s assets
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages Commercial rental operation processes.
- Responsible for Rental equipment inventories
- Use established rental model to determine:
- Acquisition cost (New and Used)
- Rental Rates
- Disposition cost and equipment rollout schedules.
- Determine equipment inventory levels based on demand.
- Point of contact for sales force for sale of Rental Fleet equipment. Use established guidelines and procedures to maximize profitability.
- Work with Used Equipment to purchase machines for rental fleet.
- Maintain adequate reporting system for established benchmarks and track rental fleet equipment to include:
- Maintenance costs.
- Machine utilization
- Return on assets
- Return on investments (by each machine).
- Responsible for rental operations administrative support. Develop written procedures for all rental processes, to include but not limited to:
- Insurance coverage
- Equipment delivery and store pickup
- Assist in collections when needed
- Responsible for managing rental fleet maintenance processes. Rental Service
- Supervisor reports to this position. Set rental maintenance performance objectives and hold supervisor accountable for results.
- Responsible for managing/coaching rental sales and rental technicians
- Maintain close working relationship with service dispatchers and managers.
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors such as Caterpillar, Atlas Capco, Sullair
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- This position requires 10-15 years of experience in a rental operations setting in a similar industry preferably in the power generation industry. Key competencies for the successful candidate will include strong technical/financial aptitude, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, time management and interpersonal skills.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.