Director, Power Products & Solutions
The Director of Power Products & Solutions will have the responsibilities of increasing profitable revenue and maximizing market share in the Power Products & Solutions, LLC business. The primary focus for this role is to ensure the business creates and executes plans to “grow the business”, and to build high-performance processes to support our customers, resulting in increased employee and customer satisfaction, market share and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Play a leading role within Power Systems Division Leadership in the definition and execution of the division strategy. Define the vision, strategy, and priorities for areas of responsibility that drive growth, profitability, and market share objectives. Define key business drivers and metrics and arrange necessary resources to deliver.
- Understand the PPS business, market, competitors, and dynamics; develop and execute business-development plans to expand into adjacent & profitable opportunities through geographic expansion, service-offerings extensions, and partnerships or acquisitions. Develop and present business-cases in collaboration with CTE shared-services and division VP/GM for these initiatives. Implement and adapt BD plans for successful outcomes.
- Drive operational excellence across the organization by looking for challenges & opportunities, developing and adapting playbooks, and driving continuous improvement. Analyze current operations and work with all managers to capture new efficiencies, grow new opportunities, reallocate resources, cut costs, and expand sales.
- Partner with the other Power Systems leaders and teams (EPG, AES, RENTAL, NEW) in deployment of best-practices and lean methodologies into sales & operations functions.
- Develops annual budgets. Ensures budgets are realistic, achievable, and supportive of key corporate strategies and annual business plans. Tracks performance against budgets and assists department managers in every way to ensure performance goals are achieved. Responsible for PPS P&L.
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction as measured by various surveys and metrics. Establish expectations, processes, and metrics for employee behavior and actions that influence customer satisfaction. Maintains strong relationships with key customers.
- Ensures the company complies with all contracts, obligations, laws, and regulations in such a manner that the corporation’s best interests are served and protected.
- Maintains an excellent working environment in which employees are motivated, well directed, satisfied, and become long-term teammates. Supports and drives Safety initiatives.
- Provides proactive counsel and information to the Division VP/GM. Informs on operational performance, problems, opportunities, financial issues and matters of strategic importance.
- Assures equipment and facilities are maintained, improved, and managed in such a manner as to support excellent operational capability, performance, and reputation.
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values, ethics. Trustworthy, honest, principled. Always lives up to commitments. Forthright, straightforward, candid yet diplomatic, informs fully without withholding information. Deals with issues and problems directly, not covertly. Courageous enough to speak up despite opposition or disagreement. Never sacrifices corporate good for personal gain.
- High level of intelligence - rationality, common sense, deep conceptual thinking ability, critical and analytical thinking ability, wisdom from broad based knowledge and experience.
- Analytical. Able to segment, analyze, improve work processes. Involve others, measure results, identify root cause of problems, and eliminates them.
- Proactive, senses a need for action and takes initiative.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be effective at articulating vision, strategy, goals, and expectations. Must be an excellent listener.
- Servant leader mentality- views role as supportive, sees other managers and teammates as customers. Helpful. Modest, humble, views others (regardless of circumstance) as peers. Very customer focused.
- Able to envision the future, develop high level strategies, tactics and implement same achieving expected results. Able to separate the critical few from the trivial many and prioritize strategically. Sees what is possible yet plans practically.
- Motivates through knowledge, respect, and loyalty. Does not dictate, not autocratic.
- Possesses horsepower- the ability to get results, initiate action, overcome obstacles, make progress, and drive a process from start to finish alone or with others and achieve results. Works with aggressiveness, tenacity, persistence, and intelligent forcefulness. Drives pushes and continuously improves areas of responsibility.
- Judgment- able to make good decisions, come to informed, logical conclusions, knows when to act, can identify what’s right, fair, correct and best, under given circumstances.
Position Requirements, Education, and/or Experience
Four Year degree required, preferably Electrical Engineering or related; Master’s Degree preferred
Experience in Electrical Testing businesses will be considered a plus
Direct experience in integrating acquisitions & setting up of new regional operations will be a plus
Progressive experience in business development &/or operations management roles
Continuous Improvement experience, and Lean or Six Sigma certification is desirable
Ability to travel as needed
This position receives a base salary, plus a management bonus plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Understands and utilizes current technology, strong computing skills, skilled in the Microsoft suite of business software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s license
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee may lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and high or low electrical voltages. The employee may be exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.