Power Product & Solutions - Service Manager
Primary duties of this position are to manage the services provided by Power Products & Solutions. Manager will be responsible for managing PPS technicians. Coordinate with the PPS Teams to develop and grow the service offerings. Provide technical training and development for technicians for continued success. Provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations and develops departmental profitability and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and provide leadership for all service supervisors and service coordinators. This includes performance evaluations, assessment of skills and competencies, compensation, coaching, mentoring and training. Assess and develop Service Supervisors, Service Coordinators, and technicians
- Provide overall management of Technician Development and Safety programs.
- Regularly support Service Supervisors on Technician Scheduling/Dispatch.
- Manage and maintain 24/7 customer support. Must provide and generate work orders after hours/emergencies.
- Champion the 6S requirements for the Service Team and perform/manage audits on a regular basis.
- Based on workload, the Service Manager may at times be required to perform field technical support as needed.
- Manage and maintain the closeout documentation (Work order, timesheets, expenses, NETA reports, etc.)
- Work closely with the Sales Team to develop customer relations in existing markets and provide technical support to the Sales Team.
- Manage and maintain technician planning, scheduling, productivity, and forecasting of work,
- Assist the Director with annual department budget and participate in the annual strategic budget process.
- Develop work processes and performance measurements to exceed the expectations and needs of individual customers, concentrating on areas of price, quality and turnaround time. Ensure department is delivering top level customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Manage and work with the Parts Team to maintain all equipment in excellent and safe operating conditions to assure the safety of all employees and customers.
- Manage and maintain the inventory of technical equipment. Assess and provide business case purposes to equip the service technicians as needed.
- Maintain and develop with Service Department Standard Work in processes
- Maintain departmental profitability and growth through planning, staffing and work assignments.
- Maintain and manage the fleet of vehicles, working closely with the Service Supervisors.
Education and/or Experience
- 5+ years experience in management position
- NETA Certified (Level 3 or 4 preferred) and/or Equivalent Experience in Electrical Testing
- Electrical Engineering and Electrical Industry experience highly required.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills, and strong written communication, presentation, and non-verbal skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including creative thinking, decision-making, planning and goal setting skills.
- Strong management skills, including interviewing and change, conflict, performance and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including influence, negotiation, coaching and counseling.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to administer warranties.
- Strong analytical skills, including problem solving and the ability to interpret policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- The ability to uphold professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance and friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft operating platform, Good computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience in PowerDB desired.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: NETA Certifications Level 3 or 4 is highly desired.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.