Carolina CAT - Component Rebuild Technician
Carolina CAT is currently seeking qualified Component Rebuild Technicians/Mechanics to join our growing team! Candidates must have experience diagnosing and repairing such components as Engines, Transmissions, Axles, Fuel Systems, and Differentials.
The primary function of this position is to determine the status of service needed for various Caterpillar equipment components (transmissions, engines, fuel systems, differentials, axles) perform the necessary service, repairs, replacements, installations, or re-building of parts and to restore the equipment to proper operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare for operations.
- Determine the technical or physical status of service problems of equipment component.
- Verify findings, review readings of gauges and procedures and compare to manufactures specs.
- Prepare a plan to correct the problem consulting with co-workers or group lead when necessary.
- Order or obtain from stock the appropriate parts needed to make the repairs.
- Install, replace, re-build or repair the component and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to specifications.
- Test the part or equipment and perform quality check after work is complete.
- Paint equipment.
- Pressure wash parts and equipment when necessary.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent.
- Must have 5 year of related work experience. Preferred: experience with heavy equipment engines, transmissions, torque converters, and fuel systems.
- Must meet the ergonomic and physical requirements, as well as the physical base scores for this position.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform this job.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job.
- Must agree to wear the proper assigned clothes and shoes approved for this job.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must complete the in-house forklift-training program
- Basic keyboarding skills.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.