LiftOne - Director, Supply Chain
Successful individual will play a key strategic role in maximizing efficiency, providing superior customer service and contributing to the overall success of the business. This includes partnering with regional branch operations/locations, regional parts managements, the OEM (Hyster and Yale), and the customers to help LiftOne achieve its objectives of keeping our customers as trusted partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify and drive LiftOne’s parts and supply chain strategy
- Scope, resource, and execute value creation projects and levers for parts optimization:
- Evaluate inventory buying and stocking strategies within LiftOne’s van, PODs parts lockers, and branches
- Negotiate bulk purchasing arrangements with major suppliers
- Optimize warehouse staffing via lean operations assessments
- Consider establishing centralized or regionalized distribution center(s)
- Stand up a warehouse management system (WMS) including enhanced parts analytics
- Define and drive KPIs to track performance including inventory levels, labor efficiency, and technician serviceability
- Drive central inventory control across all branches
- Develop LiftOne’s direct and online parts channel and strategy
- Manage the regional parts managers and inventory control managers including performance monitoring, feedback, and dashboard tracking
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintain system protocols and algorithms for SAP Parts Procurement System
- Provide business support for Aftermarket Parts, Master Data, and Rental Master Data/Maintenance Control
- Identify and drive global inventory best practices to ensure inventory is available at the right place and right time
- Proactively escalate parts opportunities and issues to our OEM partners including expediting back order parts that may require a higher level of priority
- Review opportunities to centralize other parts and supply chain roles and responsibilities including parts ordering, inbound customer phone calls, technician request processing, transportation, and procurement
This job has supervisory responsibilities over Central Parts Administration.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree required with a focus on engineering, science, math, or industrial engineering preferred.
- Six years Parts experience including two years of managerial responsibility.
- Proven experience and ability in the areas of inventory control, parts distribution, financial management, human relations, training, and CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
- Demonstrates creativity, ingenuity and inventiveness.
- Has the ability to think outside current circumstances, develop new and effective solutions and also recognizes unique opportunities.
- Able to generate ideas, brainstorm, and conceive multiple solutions.
- Excellent planning ability which ties corporate vision to all decisions.
- Hands-on manager who is able to effectively perform most tasks in the Parts department.
- Maintains a current knowledge and appreciation of related Product Support functions
- Effectively delegate responsibility to others
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values, ethics, honest, truthful and straightforward
- Strong management skills, including motivating, change management, conflict resolution, performance enhancement, organizational, coordinating and project management skills
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), SAP
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.