Carolina CAT - Advanced Electrical Field Service Engineer
Carolina CAT firmly believes that our employees drive the success of the company. Collectively, our employees all work together to make a difference for our customers. We service and support many different industries by performing inspections, modifications and repairs on low and medium voltage electrical systems. Carolina Cat’s, Advanced Electrical Services (AES) team is growing and we are seeking experienced Field Service Engineers to help serve our customers! We offer a great family-oriented culture, a strong benefits package to include medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time, 401(k), and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Duties include electrical field service activities; technical assistance, preventive maintenance, modifications, repair and systems checkout of new and existing installations. Applicant must have experience with the following items:
- Troubleshooting and operation of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
- Network communications and diagnostics a plus.
- DC/AC, Voltage Circuit Theory and practical troubleshooting skills.
- Reading schematics and blueprints for power control, automation and ability to provide customer technical support.
- Troubleshooting of various Diesel isochronous governing and load sharing systems controlling 480VAC/12.47KVAC, engine-generators and circuit breakers.
- Troubleshooting operational failures of permanent magnet and self-excited generator sets (13kW to 4MW plus), generator control panels, station batteries, battery chargers and associated equipment.
- Installing, servicing, repairing, and performing maintenance routines on multiple OEM generators, UPS, utility / emergency switchgear, automatic transfer switch, and other power system products. This could include first time (start-up) installations; coordinating with other systems being installed such as multiple generator sets and paralleling switchgear to ensure all related equipment work together properly as a system.
- Inspections, Testing and Repair on low and medium, voltage power control systems and distribution switchboards.
- Clearly and concisely document all work and repairs completed on the appropriate service reports in a timely manner.
- A working knowledge of OSHA safety rules, laws and regulations concerning electrical and technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities.
- Safe and clean driving record. This position requires operating a company issued service vehicle.
- Have industry tooling such as basic electrical rated screw drivers, electrical meters, wrenches, sockets, etc. for use with daily job assignments.
- A high school diploma required, 2 year AAS or BAS degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred. Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in electrical power generation or related industry field service work required.
- Applicant must be customer-oriented, a self-starter, and capable of maintaining focus while performing work in critical work environments.
- Be able to provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Applicant must possess a valid state driver’s license at all times and be available for emergency service calls during normal and after business hours.
- Possess Strong Verbal, Written and Presentation abilities.
- Have excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills (keyboarding, email, internet, database experience, Microsoft office applications, adobe PDF, for accurate service report writing.
- A valid driver’s license.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.