Carolina CAT - Service Coordinator
The Service Coordinator is responsible for scheduling, directing, and monitoring service work for the department location while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with Manager/Supervisor to ensure and monitor the department’s compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
- Participate in daily SQDC review and assist with problem solving.
- Effectively coordinates WIP daily to meet department goals through prioritization of work and appropriate scheduling of resources.
- Communicates with customers, coordinators, and sales reps daily regarding scheduling, quoting, and repairing of equipment
- Quote all service work to be performed in PSQ, unless previously quoted by the PSSR and approved by customer
- Sources parts needed for repairs and ensures parts, warranty parts & cores are returned to parts department at completion of repair.
- Reviews technical bulletins, product improvement programs and other campaigns to identify affected repairs and assists Technicians in finding service information for equipment and component repairs
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications & Competencies
- Functional knowledge of key operating systems: DBS, ServiceLink, MDS and SAP
- Functional knowledge of critical CAT applications: SIS, ET, SIMSi, Service Data
- Functional knowledge of phone system and ability to manage customers through it
- Functional capability with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Functional knowledge of CAT products
- Functional knowledge of key machine systems and components in relation to potential repair requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
- instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to develop and maintain healthy relationships with Technicians, Tech Team Leaders and support employees
- Ability to develop and maintain healthy relationships with customers and effectively resolves any service related disputes
- Effectively communicate in various environments and settings through multiple channels
- Create safe, positive work environment for employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Business Acumen
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Understanding of interdepartmental relationships and can manage outcomes across departments
- Understanding of financial performance inputs and familiarization with financial definitions: GP, DE, PAD & PBT
- Ability to process sales through POS systems.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
Key Performance Metrics
- Recordable Incident Rate
- Technician Productivity
- Rework %
- Quote Accuracy
- Customer Updates %
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2-year Technical degree preferred
- 3+ years direct CAT Service experience or 5+ years industry experience in heavy equipment
- Acceptable level of safety, rework, productivity in prior roles *Internal Applicants*
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.