LiftOne - Sales and Operations Internship, Summer 2020
We are looking for an eager Sales and Operations Intern that is ready to kick start their career! This internship is geared towards learning the many aspects of the LiftOne sales process. Interns will gain hands on experience and gain exposure to industry professionals. This is a paid internship.
LiftOne, a division of CTE, sells and services Hyster, Yale, and Allied equipment across North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. Set the gears in motion and build your career with us today!
The Sales and Operations Intern will directly assist the Sales and Operations Department with a wide range of projects related to customer contact and lead generation, customer service, Company/product branding and promotion, financial merchandising, and Salesforce.com utilization and process improvement. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical.
In this position, you will learn how to take skills you’ve acquired in school that are related to your particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. You will gain a better understanding of the role that our Sales and Operations team plays, and be better prepared to work in that area. Interns will also have opportunities to network with other parts of the business, (Service, Operations, IT, Finance, etc.).
The goal for our Internship program is to provide a structured program for the Interns to learn and work on value added projects that will help LiftOne become an even better partner to our customers. It is LiftOne’s intention that successful Interns will be offered an opportunity to join the Company for full-time roles in the future.
Responsibilities and Projects (Other duties may be assigned):
- Spend time with key department managers (Sales, Parts, Service) to understand our products, customers, and services offered.
- Conduct ride alongs with Account Managers and Product Support Sales Reps (PSSRs) to gain an understanding of the sales process and how you can assist and partner with them during your internship.
- Inside Sales Function: Learn and ultimately function in an Inside Sales Rep capacity. Duties will include coordinating with Account Managers, PSSRs, and other team members. Interns will be responsible for contacting customers to grow and maintain our relationships and to understand how we can provide a solution for our customers’ needs.
- Financial Merchandising Project: In partnership with the Financial Merchandising Manager, lead a project to analyze and recommend improvements for our lease return process. This project will ultimately help LiftOne become more efficient and have a more accurate record of our available equipment for rent or purchase, and ultimately provide better solutions for our customers.
- Other projects or assignments:
- Delivery process for lease delivery
- com analytics, utilization, and process improvement
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest and ability to enter the Sales field and be pursuing either an undergraduate or advanced degree in a related technical field (Engineering, Industrial Distribution, etc.).
- In addition to above-average academic performance demonstrated by a 3.2 GPA for undergraduate and a 3.5 GPA for graduate degrees, candidates will be evaluated for:
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.