Carolina Cat - Construction Intern - Summer 2020
Location: Charlotte Campus
We are looking for an eager Intern that is ready to kick start their engineering-based career! This internship is geared towards learning the many aspects of heavy equipment component rebuilds. Interns will gain hands on experience and gain exposure to industry professionals. This is a paid internship.
CTE is an industrial equipment distributor that has been around since 1926. As a dealer of distinction, we represent CAT, Hyster & Yale, among others. We are third-generation, family-owned business that spans 31 branches across five Southeastern states. Set the gears in motion and build your career with us today!
The Component Rebuild Center Intern will directly assist the Component Rebuild Center with a wide range of projects related to Quality Milestone Development, Standard Work, and disassembly/reassembly process design. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical.
In this position, you will learn how to take skills you’ve acquired in school that are related to your areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. You will gain a better understanding of the role your competencies play, and be better prepared to work in the arena of mechanical or systems engineering. Interns will also have opportunities to network with other parts of the business, (Sales, Operations, IT, HR etc.).
Key Intern projects:
“Component Rebuild Center Intern Projects” refer to business improvement activities in areas such as Quality, Standard Work & Operating Procedures, Process design, etc.
- “Quality Milestone Checklists“ by component
- “Standard Operating Procedures“ by role and component
- “Diassembly & Reassembly Process Instructions”
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest and ability to enter the Industrial Equipment field and be pursuing either an undergraduate or advanced degree.
- In addition to above-average academic performance demonstrated by an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher for undergraduate and a 3.5 GPA for graduate degrees, candidates will be evaluated for:
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.