LiftOne - Vice President, Rental
The Vice President of Rental will have the responsibilities of increasing profitable revenue, managing the rental assets, and maximizing market share within the LiftOne Rental business unit. The primary focus for this role is ensuring we have plans in place to “grow the business”, manage our assets, take care of our customers and to build the highest performing technical resources to support our customers, resulting in increased employee and customer satisfaction, market share and profitability. It is essential that this role understands the relationship between Parts, Service, Equipment Sales and Rentals, and appreciates their interdependence. You will need to develop and drive a performance and growth strategy for the Rental business unit. This strategy will include sales infrastructure, rental operations excellence, market intelligence, asset management, and P&L alignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Strategy, Financial Focus & Asset Management
- Play a leading role with Region Vice Presidents in the definition and execution of the division strategy. Define the visions, strategies, and priorities for areas of responsibility that facilitate achievement of growth, profitability, and market share objectives.
- Provides strategic direction, market analysis, business planning and operational oversight to the management team. Defines key business drivers and metrics and provides necessary resources.
- Provide oversight on operational performance, opportunities, financial issues and matters of strategic importance
- Evaluate rental
Rental Operations Excellence
- Drives performance improvement across the organization by looking for opportunities and deficiencies. Reviews and analyzes financial, operational, marketing, staffing, organizational structure and customer data, and strategy.
- Analyzes and reviews all assets for the purpose of determining utilization, financial return, and overall performance. Improves asset performance and ensures new assets acquired meet minimum requirements. Manages rental fleet utilization and maximizes economic useful life to determine best window for asset retirement and remarketing.
- Partner with Operations to lead the deployment of lean methodologies into the service operation of Rental. Provides leadership in continuous improvement of key functions to best in class levels in the areas of efficiency, quality, profitability, and responsiveness.
- Understands and effectively employs lean methodologies and similar process improvement tools and techniques in daily work.
- Ensures all teammates understand and behave in a manner supportive of the corporate culture. Reinforce and interpret correct behavior every day, in all areas, with all teammates.
Revenue and Market Share Growth
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction as measured by various surveys and metrics. Establishes expectations, processes, and metrics for employee behavior and actions that influence customer satisfaction.
- Engage the Region General Managers, Regional Sales Managers, and Branch Managers and align sales efforts to grow revenue and market share
- Utilize Rental Sales Specialists to grow the rental business
- Constantly access market opportunities and potential expansion markets
- Grow the warehouse and e commerce rental business and support the efforts of the sales and marketing groups to gain market share in these markets
- Play a pivotal role in the development of the innovation of usage based rental models evolving into a MHaaS market strategy
Culture, Values, Ideology, and Collaboration
- Maintains excellent relationships and reputation with manufacturing partners and other brands we represent.
- Staffs, supports, develops, and directs operations through the appropriate managers assuring objectives and customer requirements are met. Assures the staff remains of high caliber and “lives” the corporate culture.
- Builds supportive relationships with all leadership. Help them with information, advice, support, perspective, and analysis. Understands the nature of the branches, markets, customers and employee base and primary functions.
- Partners with HR resources and employs a systematic process to assess current skills, define training needs, deliver needed training, and conduct annual performance evaluation for all teammates. Maps out a development plan for each direct report and reviews it 2-3 times annually.
- Assures a trusted partnership exists between Operations, Sales, and Rental at all levels, resulting in excellent teamwork and a level of customer support that fuels future growth
- Ensures the company complies with all contracts, obligations, laws, and regulations in such a manner that the corporation’s best interests are served and protected.
- Assures equipment and facilities are maintained, improved, and managed in such a manner as to support excellent operational capability, performance, and reputation.
- Leads and models the CTE values and ideology. Walks the talk, exemplifies the values of customer focus, teamwork, innovation, productivity, respect for others, continuous improvement and does all of this while enhancing and protecting the company’s reputation.
This job has direct line management responsibilities of the Rental sales and operations team.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university highly preferred
- 5 - 7+ years of experience in a related industry or position
- Key competencies for the successful candidate will include strong technical/financial aptitude, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, time management and interpersonal skills
- Assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating, and reporting on the performance
- Possesses excellent people skills and ability to delegate effectively
- Strong customer service and relationship building experience
- Progressive work experience in leadership roles
- Ability to interpret and analyze complex data and exercise initiative, sound judgement, problem solving and decision-making
- Understands basic financial reporting (P/L statements and Balance sheets) and along with controlling expenses within the branch, monitors the G/L distribution of income and expenses to assure accurate reporting each month
- Ability to think strategically and use data analytics to support decision making
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), SAP, internet search capabilities, WebEx hosting skills
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be able to meet company requirements for auto insurance coverage, Travel 35-60%
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.