LiftOne - Director, Service Support
The Director Service Support is a key leader on the service support team and is responsible for directing and coordinating centralized services for the branches by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
This position is directly responsible for building the central services team including staffing, defining clear roles and responsibilities, and setting goals and KPIs for the teams. In addition, this leader will be tasked with collaborating with operational leaders and subject matter experts across the business to drive improved customer and branch experience, eliminate waste, and optimize expenses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Centralization of Support Services:
- Build an understanding of existing central services including fleet, warranty, and data governance and develop plans to ensure business continuity
- Develop business cases, evaluate alternatives, and gain buy in as needed to centralize and streamline services that currently report directly into the branches including service coordination, warehouse operations, transportation, and/or billing
- Support operations leaders to achieve key performance indicators including targeted sales and gross profit margins.
- Capture current state process documentation, build training materials, and identify pain points via rapid improvement workshops, cross-functional collaboration, and value stream mapping
- Proactively identify and eliminate waste to increase customer satisfaction, improve employee experience, and reduce cost
- Partner with business technology teams to explore the use of robotic process automation to streamline manual and/or cumbersome processes
- Manage the study of operations policies and procedures; develop and implement improvements along with tracking progress
- Build standards to serve as the baseline for continuous improvement activities
- Recruit, interview and select employees for central support services
- Establish a training program, provide career development, and monitor performance to enable employees to be successful in their jobs
- Collaborate with operations teams to define clear roles and responsibilities and annual goals for central services teams
- Set KPI objectives and monitor results through appraisals and scorecards
This job has the responsibility of staffing, training and developing central support functions either directly or through subordinates
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College with a focus on engineering, math, or technology preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a related industry or position
- Experience with analytics and robotic process automation is preferred
- Strong customer service and relationship building experience
- Prior experience leading and managing a team
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- SAP, internet search capabilities, Webex hosting skills
- ServiceMax and SalesForce
Must be able to meet company requirements for auto insurance coverage
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.