Carolina CAT - Technology Technical Communicator
The Technology Technical Communicator is responsible for supporting the service department with equipment related on-board Technology technical issues and installation support while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and training to the Construction Technology Service department, technicians and monitoring of the Technician Career Development programs. Key areas of responsibility; Cat Grade, Cat AccuGrade, Trimble Machine Control, Trimble Site Positioning, GPS radio Infrastructure, Product Link / Vision Link, Cat Remote Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide Lead technical support to Customers, Technology technicians and Technology sales support personnel as needed
- Lead contact with Caterpillar and SITECH on Technology related service issues
- Entering DSN tickets and monitoring CPI issues for Cat factory technology integrated and where applicable
- Perform failure analysis on failed technology parts and components.
- Supply input to Caterpillar and SITECH for product problem management
- Effectively support and communicate with SITECH parts and service department associates
- Determine the technical or physical status using the on-board computer, service documents and reviewing product improvement and support programs
- Verify findings, review readings of gauges and procedures and compare to Cat & Trimble specs
- Prepare a plan to correct problems consulting with Caterpillar, Trimble, SITECH, co-workers or supervisor when necessary
- Test parts or equipment and perform quality check after Technician work is complete
- Develop, monitor, and oversees Technician Career Development Programs
- Technician Career Development Certifications and training as needed by Cat, Carolina Cat
- Create and Conduct technology training classes and develop yearly technician training schedule for Carolina Cat Service Technicians
- Serve as Administrative Lead and implementation Champion for Cat Remote services
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of the Career Development Level 5 service technician development program or Ten years in heavy equipment, engine, or electric power generation system mechanic repair.
- 3-5 years of classroom training experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application, operation, and function of Caterpillar equipment and Trimble MC&G, Trimble GPS / Radio Infrastructures, file structures, Software solutions
- Use and application of Cat SIS, ET, file flipper, Winflash, Trimble Business center (TBC),
- Use and application of all Caterpillar and Trimble diagnostic tools and software
- Electrical and CAN Bus electronic system applications
- Problem solving techniques and repair options for Caterpillar machines and Trimble based systems
- Proven experience and ability in the areas of servicing construction machinery, training, and CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A valid driver’s license
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.