Carolina CAT - Rental Sales Associate
Cat Rental, a division of Carolina CAT with the largest fleet of earth moving equipment in Western NC has an exciting opportunity to join our organization as a Rental Sales Associate.
The successful Rental Sales Associate is the field contact for our rental customers. This individual will have the responsibility of increasing profitable rental revenue by cold-calling and making personal visits to job sites and courting new customers. The Rental Sales Associate will also service existing customer accounts and assist Rental Sales Representatives. During this structured training program, the Rental Sales Associate will focus on developing the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to move into the Rental Sales Representative role.
Our Rental Sales Associate will receive a base salary, plus a monthly commission incentive plan. We provide a company cell phone and company vehicle and access to top sales technology giving you the resources to succeed. Here at Carolina CAT, we invest in our employee’s through on-going training and development to enhance skills and performance. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position could create advancement into other sales or leadership roles within the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Shadowing Rental Sales Representatives throughout their day for the first month.
- Strategically identify opportunities to grow rental revenue with new and existing customers within an assigned territory. Develop and execute account plans for existing and potential target accounts.
- Partner with the customer to understand their business and serve as a trusted advisor who understands their needs.
- Think critically and suggest improvements that lead to risk mitigation, cost savings, profitable revenue growth or other customer goal achievement.
- Understand and Report on significant market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Identify customer business opportunities by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment in customer environment or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or services.
- Build a strong understanding of customers’ business, along with phases of construction.
- Maintain and document customer interactions within a CRM and quoting system from first meeting to deal closure and follow-up activities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Customer Empathy - Develop “loyal” and not just “satisfied” customers – Demonstrate understanding and expertise about our customers through business partnership, integrity, commitment and responsiveness.
- Be a Team Player - Be an “enterprise thinker” when discussing solutions with customers. Predisposition towards prospecting and team selling - passing leads, intentionally helping teammates, including cross-functional and departmental networking.
- Have a Sense of Urgency – Bias towards action, prioritizing customer needs and service while also achieving constant, forward movement in the sales process.
- Be a Critical Thinker - Leverage our entire product, services and technology portfolio to provide solutions to customers’ problems and create growth accelerators for customers’ businesses.
- Have Intellectual Curiosity - Push yourself on hard and soft skills training and development, continuously. Develop and deliver technically competent, customer facing product walk-arounds, product demonstrations and sales presentations that align with customer goals, challenges and growth objectives.
- Display Competitiveness and Resilience – Demonstrated persistence and ability to handle rejection. Fanatical about understanding and executing the sales process. Proof that you create your own economy. Explain how failed sales attempts are not failures but investments in the process. Hold yourself accountable, possessing leadership, motivation and purpose.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous rental or outside sales experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to “think outside the box” to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions etc.
- A desire to build your career. We see this role as a feeder for our future business leaders and you should share that desire.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with CRM
- A high aptitude for mechanical process and equipment required
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.