LiftOne - Field Service Supervisor
Schedule and coordinate the activities of all Field Service personnel attached to the Service Department. Ensure that the Field Service operation focuses upon quality, reliability, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interrelationship - Prime liaison between Service Department, the customer, and other departments of Company on matters pertaining to Field Service operations and business from general public. Establish job priorities and schedule daily job assignments for each mechanic. Provide close job follow using radio and telephone to revise schedules and assignments in order to maximize customer service. Maintain a work-in-process follow system on all jobs and advise customers of delays, rescheduling, and status on work-in-process jobs. Provide job status reports weekly.
- Credit and COD Clearance - Ensure that customer credit policies are maintained. Check customer credits limits and confer with Credit Manager when necessary. Coordinate COD activities with Service Accountant. Ensure that all COD jobs are collected on a daily basis.
- Work Order Audit - Review all Field Service time cards, service reports, purchase orders, expense vouchers, and work order job closing summaries for legibility, accuracy, and completeness before timely work order closing.
- Parts Coordination - Coordinate parts needs for Field Mechanics and provides appropriate parts back order follow with the appropriate Parts Department personnel. Expedite all unusual parts requirements. Report all deviations.
- Customer Complaint Investigation - Research customer complaints and provide work justification material in order to maintain customer goodwill. Alert Branch Manager of unusual customer problems. Recommend appropriate settlements or solutions.
- Technical Assistance - Provide technical assistance for Field Mechanics. Coordinate complex technical problems or factory contacts through the Company Technical Communicator. Critique Caterpillar technical literature and Product Bulletins. Ensure that Field Mechanics are aware of and use all reference media.
- Maintenance Programs - Schedule and coordinate field-oriented machine maintenance programs in accordance with the Company's Maintenance Contracts. Coordinate maintenance efforts on Field Service vehicles. Maintain individual history folders, maintenance follow file, and cost records on all field vehicles.
- Housekeeping - Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness for the Field Service office, trucks, literature, and appropriate parts drop-off and pick-up areas.
- Meetings and Evaluations - Conduct monthly meetings for all Field Service employees. Use those sessions to share new or pertinent technical information and provide a setting where employees may feel free to discuss concerns, make suggestions and share work experiences. Appraise the performance of individual Field Mechanics in accordance with Company policy. Report results.
- Report, in writing, all significant major account activity on the day of occurrence.
- Promote among Field Mechanics the need for good customer relations, safe work practices, and efficient operating procedures. Ensure that they consistently produce work that is done in a neat and craftsman-like manner
- This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent with acceptable mechanical experience (minimum of 5 years)
- Previous supervisor experience is strongly preferred.
- This position requires a self-directed, personable, service oriented individual with technical aptitudes who is self-motivated, well organized, mature and possesses sound business sense. Good customer relations are a must.
- Must be willing to work after hours and on weekends as needed.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.