Carolina CAT - Technical Career Development Manager
Responsible for leading, developing and implementing programs to develop and enhance the skills of our Technicians. This person will be dedicated to supporting Construction/Power. Works closely with the Training Department and Instructors to ensure these programs are executed according to plan. Works closely with managers to develop the pipeline of talent to support the business’s growing technical needs. Partner with Technicians and Managers to support the Technician Career Development Program (TCD) through the creation of individual career development plans. Focuses on effective systems and processes targeted at developing CTE’s workforce so that Technicians receive required training and skill advancement to enhance employees’ learning, development, growth, productivity, and retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages LMS requirements
- Administrator and Manager of the DPC requirements
- Manages and/or assists with Think BIG, CPCC, and/or VoTech, and High School Apprenticeship programs
- Uniforms, onboarding, recruiting process, tuition reimbursement, housing, college swag, toolbox program, Think Big Advisory Committee Member (attends spring and fall meetings)
- Works directly with recruiters to support the recruitment efforts
- Participates in Technician interviews and provides feedback
- High schools, VoTech schools, and college programs
- Manages the TCD programs, Technician startup calls, processes and evolution of the TCD
- Assists with New Hire Orientation (NEO) to ensure all newly hired technicians attend within their first 30 days.
- Technician Onboarding:
- Review onboarding plans with service leaders and promote best practices
- Conduct onboarding check ins with all new hires’ technician.
- Assist local manager in establishing specific goals for each new technician to ensure training hours are being used appropriately.
- Assist local manager in gather feedback from technician peers and monitor KPIs for the first 12 months.
- Builds individual development plans (IDP) for each technician through collaboration with local Managers and Technicians aligned with TCD programs:
- Monitors demand signal feed into the training organization.
- Partners with Training Coordinator to build and modify training schedules based on demand signals.
- Provides Managers monthly reports on Instructor Led Training hours, Web Based Training hours, and Certification advancement.
- Contributes to the development of on demand training videos and manages the on-demand training library in the LMS.
- Manages the payouts for Technician Promotions, TKC certifications, and/or DPC certifications.
- Evaluates existing courses and the TCD competencies on an on-going basis, ensuring continuous improvement and business relevance.
- Manages external training consultants, develops program specifications, and audits programs for quality and relevance.
- Develops evaluation systems to ensure that the results of learning and development initiatives are achieving a desired return on investment.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of CTE’s business and anticipates future learning and development needs based on business realities and organizational shifts, making recommendations for changes needed.
- Works with Business/External Customers to provide Customer specific training classes/schedule.
- Produce yearly calendar.
- Work with Customers/ Sales Reps to provide ad-hoc classes as needed.
- Invoice Customers via Sales Link.
- Builds and fosters relationships with Caterpillar and/or other OEM vendors while incorporating their inputs into course materials, as appropriate.
- Drives change management and business cultural transformation efforts to promote a learning environment within the organization.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Travels to outlying locations on an as needed basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Functional expertise in assessment, evaluation, and training needs analysis, organization systems, and internal consulting.
- Knowledgeable in Technical and Adult Learning Theory; conducts trend research for best practices.
- Strong negotiation skills and project management experience.
- Skilled at making clear and persuasive presentations. Builds credibility quickly with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity, deal with issues or problems, work independently, drive for results and stay focused to accomplish objectives with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to think strategically and systemically.
- Ability to be flexible, creative and can grasp complex concepts and execute ideas. Motivated by challenges.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with individuals or in groups.
- Thorough Technical understanding of skill sets by industry.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must work well with others and be a collaborative team player.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred; or 5-7 years of equivalent experience specializing in a Technical background and Training/Organizational Development.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates track record of taking initiative, working independently and handling multiple priorities simultaneously. Demonstrates a passion for success and strives to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly establish and maintain credibility with key leaders at all levels of the organization. Consultative skills and experience required.
- Computer Skills: Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), Experience with Talent Management (Performance Management and Succession Planning) software systems to enhance employee and company performance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.