Carolina CAT - Field Service Rental Technician
The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct inspections, preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, and may drain/clean/refill fuel systems.
- Fully inspect and check every machine coming on and coming off of rent in accordance to rental store procedures, documenting and filing all necessary paperwork.
- Uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- Climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- Uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly.
- Work closely with the Rental Coordinators to provide fast, efficient service to our customers
- Remove and install any attachments and check for operation that the customer requests.
- Uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle.
- Use instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers. The employee uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
Location: Greensboro, NC
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.