Southern Vac - Field Service Truck Technician
Southern Vac, based in Charlotte, NC is a leading provider of sweepers, sewer, and storm drain equipment in the southeast. We pride ourselves on being our customers’ trusted partner, and are seeking customer-focused employees to join our growing team and keep our customers up and running!
The Field Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of customer equipment in a shop or field environment while maintaining an acceptable level of productivity and customer satisfaction.
*This position will require overnight travel, which can be several days at a time. Candidates must be able to travel for extended periods of time, and must have a valid CDL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare for operations
- Works independently with little to no supervision at times.
- Determine the technical or physical status using the on-board computer, service documents and reviewing product improvement and support programs
- Verify findings, review readings of gauges and procedures and compare to manufactures specs
- Prepare a plan to correct the problem consulting with co-workers or lead man when necessary
- Order or obtain from stock or send parts to special service shop to make the appropriate tooling or alteration
- Install, replace, re-build or repair the parts and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to specifications
- Test the part or equipment and perform quality check after work is complete
- Paint components and pressure wash parts and equipment when necessary
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned and maintains company vehicles
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines
- Maintains productivity at predetermined levels
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED
- Successful completion of the level three service technician development program.
- 6+ years in heavy and/or industrial equipment, engine, or electric power generation system mechanic repair.
- Have Knowledge of: Engine and equipment lines sold by the company.
- Use and application of all diagnostic tools.
- Electrical and electronic system applications.
- Problem solving techniques and repair options for machines, engines, and components.
- This position will require overnight travel, which can be several days at a time. Candidates must be able to travel for extended periods of time, and must have a valid CDL.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid CDL driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must complete the in-house forklift-training program
Location Charlotte, NC
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.