Carolina CAT - Area Manager, Rental Operations
Manage the Construction Division rental operations for the Charlotte area CAT Rental Store/Heavy Rents locations to serve the needs of construction, industrial, & commercial customers while driving a culture of safety and operational excellence and maximizing the return on investment of the company’s assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Champion Safety and Customer Service as a “way of how we work” and builds this into the overall culture of the team.
- Lead a team of rental coordinators, supervisors, drivers, and support staff.
- Hire, develop, lead, and empower all employees to make sound business decisions.
- Create & manage training & development plans for all team members
- Play a leading role with other leaders in the implementation of the overall rental strategy & vision that facilitate the achievement of growth, profitability, and market share objectives.
- Monitor branch performance and seek opportunities to improve processes and procedures of doing business.
- Proactive fleet management and monitoring of expenses to ensure profitability and strong financial performance.
- Responsible for CRS and Heavy Rents Fleet utilization, unavailable, slow rents, return to ready process, freight & fuel & damage recovery
- Inventory control, accuracy, and loss prevention.
- Daily management of operational dashboards & reports.
- Verify compliance on rental agreements, phone logs, DOT material
- Co-develop with DRO, inventory budgets and inventory business plan.
- Prepare and monitor periodic forecasts.
- Operating statements and other financial reports to be reviewed weekly for understanding. Provide accurate current estimates on monthly basis as needed.
- Acts as a mediator with employee and/or customer disputes.
- Works with sales/marketing team members to stay informed of market conditions (competitors and utilization trends) and customer needs.
- Makes direct customer contact routinely to ensure customer satisfaction levels.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
- This position requires 5-7 years of experience in a rental operations setting in a similar industry.
- Key competencies for the successful candidate will include strong technical/financial aptitude, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the training and support capabilities within the Caterpillar organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of the startup procedures necessary for a rental store, as well as, a working knowledge of the operations, sales, service and systems.
- Ability to perform and explain every job in the rental store.
- Ability to organize and deliver basic rental training on products, operations, sales, service and systems.
- Assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting on the performance of each store.
- Possesses excellent people skills and is able to delegate effectively, keeping the branch on track.
- Understands basic financial reporting (P/L statements and Balance sheets) and along with controlling expenses within the branch, monitors the G/L distribution of income and expenses to assure accurate reporting each month.
- General Skills: Candidate must have great people skills, enthusiastic personality, a proven communicator, and ability to teach in the classroom. Secondly, sound organizational skills with the ability to coordinate programs and logistics associated with the programs. Mechanical aptitude would be very beneficial. Operational excellence, lean Six Sigma, retail sales experience, customer relations would be beneficial.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), DBS, iRental, SalesLink, SAP,
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.