LiftOne - Product Specialist
The Product Specialist sells the organization’s products and/or services by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the sales model and know where they are within the model. The Product Specialist will work closely with the Material Handling Consultants and Account Managers in their region to promote and sell the dedicated range of products, to increase product awareness and application understanding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains sales program based on customers’ estimated requirements by selling and leasing new and used equipment at the prescribed plan levels.
- Calls on existing or potential direct customers (new accounts, cold calling, and outside sales). And supports indirect customers on pricing and positioning strategy.
- Sell Maintenance programs and Fleet Management.
- Keeps records and prepares reports on all phases of activities including monthly sales reporting, sales forecasts, awareness, and activity reporting in appropriate systems (e.g. Salesforce CRM).
- Stay abreast of factory training and changes to product offering
- Liaise with Rental department to ensure effective representation of the product in the rental fleet and provide relevant market intelligence for competitive rental rates.
- Conduct training in the regions for account managers with respect to the product offering and the processes for proposing Rail King solutions
- Perform Site Surveys
- Demonstrate Equipment
- Establish pricing on new and used equipment including evaluations of trade-in equipment.
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assists in inventory control.
- Keeps informed on new products/services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Responsible for securing and renewing orders and arranging delivery dates.
- Coordinate activities with Regional Sales Managers and salesmen as appropriate.
- Support the efforts of the Used Department with respect to this specialty.
- Assist in collections activities when needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree from two-year college. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a current valid driver’s license must be maintained at all times. Must be able to meet company requirements for auto insurance coverage
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.