LiftOne - Telemetry Manager
The position of Telemetry Manager will define and drive LiftOne’s telemetry strategy, including the implementation of the technology and reporting insights across LiftOne’s customer base and proactively supporting LiftOne equipment and LiftOne customers’ equipment through setting up telemetry units, troubleshooting telemetry issues, analyzing telemetry data, and assisting customers and LiftOne employees navigate and engage with the telemetry portal.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, this position will be critical to the growth of our outcome-based service model
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide leadership and guidance for LiftOne’s telemetry growth and broader outcome-based service contracts model
- Provide direct consultation with the leadership team and help establish the vision
- Develop a communication and management cadence that will promote telemetry successes
- Coach and mentor telemetry specialists, sales team members, and technicians
- Promote the identification of customer and LiftOne fleet insights by leveraging telemetry data
- Identify and resolve telemetry reporting issues and proactively convert our rental and contracts fleets to telemetry-based hour meters
- Build relationships with HYG telematics leaders and collaborate on telemetry opportunities and issues
- Ensure the set-up of fleets on the telemetry portal and ensure appropriate telemetry billing to customers
- Communicate with Account Managers about telemetry installs and customer set up
- Communicate directly with customers when needed concerning telemetry issues and questions
- Provide coverage for telemetry specialists during vacations as needed, including answering emails and phone requests from branches and customers
- Provide pricing estimates for telemetry units when needed for customers
- Help troubleshoot telemetry hardware issues with technicians and HYG
The telemetry manager has one or more telemetry specialists reporting directly.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Math preferred or an Associate’s degree from two-year college or university in a technical discipline
- Four years’ of telematics and data analytics experience.
- Experience in aftermarket service and/or parts preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a self starter who can work without constant supervision but can work within a team and must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily
- Computer Skills: Experience with data analysis and reporting, including SQL, Snowflake, and PowerBI preferred, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) proficiency required, SAP experience preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.