LiftOne - VP - Operations
Summary and Primary Function:
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, CTE is an industry-leading dealer service organization for Hyster/Yale, Caterpillar, and other industry-leading equipment manufacturers. CTE serves customers across the southeastern US with locations throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. With more than 1,500 employees, CTE offers a complete line of material handling equipment and engineered solutions, along with a full line of construction, forestry, and paving products, truck engines, and power generation systems.
Reporting to the President of LiftOne, the primary function of the Vice President, Operations is to lead the LiftOne Operations Support Team to help the company keep its “customers up and running”. This includes leading in the development of a “healthy culture” focused around continuous improvement and in helping to implement strategies to be“our customers trusted partner and a high performing dealer” across all regions and branches.
The Vice President, Operations represents LiftOne as a highly professional and respected leader with the Company’s employees, customers, manufacturers, vendors and the communities we serve.
The Vice President, Operations is directly responsible for hiring, developing, and engaging the product support operations employees. This position will play an influential role across LiftOne engaging Branch Managers, Service Managers, Parts Managers, Technicians, and Branch Support employees across the organization coaching and establishing best practices and processes ensuring the “LiftOne Way”.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides leadership and expertise for continuous improvement (Service Process Optimization) of key functions to best in class levels in the areas of efficiency, quality, profitability and responsiveness. Understands and effectively employs process improvement tools and techniques in daily work and encourages same within areas of responsibility.
2. Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the product support operations and service team that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
3. Drives performance improvement across the organization by looking for problems, opportunities and deficiencies. Reviews and analyzes financial, operational, marketing, staffing, organizational structure and customer data, strategy and situations. Analyzes current operations and works synergistically with all managers to capture new efficiencies, grow new opportunities, reallocate resources, cut costs, boost margins, and expand sales. Analyzes and reviews all assets for the purpose of determining utilization, financial return and overall performance.
4. Act as lead "customer-care officer" through intentional customer attraction and retention initiatives.
5. Be a CHAMPION for “Continuous Improvement” initiatives to include systematic internal controls and process changes to ensure preventative and ongoing compliance, mitigate risk, and facilitate future growth.
6. Play a leading role with the other LiftOne Senior Leaders in the development and implementation of the corporate strategy to include growth/acquisition strategies. Define the visions, strategies and priorities for areas of responsibility that facilitate achievement of growth, profitability and market share objectives.
7. Define key business drivers and metrics and provide necessary resources to track them. Initiate and drive actions and changes in concert with strategy, priorities, and company goals. Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass product support sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
8. Develop and implement adequate measures to meet the operational needs of LiftOne, to efficiently utilize its resources, and to maintain an effective system of operational processes and outcome measurement. Use data analytics, reporting tools and KPIs to maximize company performance and identify potential deficiencies.
9. Develop and maintain a foundational understanding and strong relationship with Hyster/Yale and other OEM partners to ensure alignment on key goals and deliverables. Have an especially strong relationship with the district, regional and national managers, and neighboring dealers.
10. Monitor new products or service trends in our industry and customer needs to ensure that we maintain a competitive position in product offerings as well as customer needs and requirements.
11. Oversee the financial budget and cost containment initiatives of the operational departments. Champion technology initiatives and design/implement new models to increase efficiency in the delivery of services.
12. Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
13. Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the Company.
14. Motivate, lead and retain a high-performance management team; and attract, recruit talent where needed to strengthen the capabilities and bench of the team.
1. Must have very good human relations skills and the ability to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with appropriate influence and ability to resolve business issues.
2. Must demonstrate leadership skills to attract and retain a highly ethical and high-performing team.
3. Must have strong analytical skills, including problem solving, and the ability to understand numbers and financial plans. Must have the ability to manage virtually every aspect of the business including the preparation of deals for customers and how to develop and communicate compensation plans.
4. Must have a strong understanding of the general business issues, i.e.: inventory, asset management, ROI, financial statement analysis
5. Must be adept at financial management and familiar with key elements of making a profit. Has established track record of profitable performance, understands the use of financial statements, can determine financial returns, can evaluate risk vs. reward and assess the financial ramifications of strategic decisions.
6. Must have the ability to understand the manufacturers LiftOne is associated with, their product lines and the dealer organization and the industry to effectively develop and communicate business opportunities and challenges.
7. Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer, and customer audiences to ensure strategic and tactical alignment with these business partners.
8. Must be able to self-manage assignments and stay current on industry trends, changing technology, and regulations affecting the competitive environment.
9. Must possess strong product and service knowledge.
10. Must always work safely. Adhere to all safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Four Year degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Progressive experience as a product support/operations leader
• Experience managing regional operations and merging companies and/or services.
• Continuous Improvement experience required. Lean or Six Sigma certification is desirable.
• Ability to effectively lead and motivate a large team in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to interpret and analyze complex data and exercise initiative, sound judgment, problem-solving and decision-making.
• Stellar communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships across the organization.
• Equipment industry experience highly preferred.
• Ability to travel as needed.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.