LiftOne - Service Manager
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Service Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating customer service activities of the branch by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position has responsibility of all activities in the shop and the field and must have a strong desire to lead and grow technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine number of techs per quadrants and hire additional technicians for road and/or service needs
- Prepares schedules for service personnel, assigns personnel to routes or to specific repair and maintenance work in or outside the shop.
- Arranges for transportation of machines and equipment to customer's location for installation or from customer's location to shop for repairs that cannot be performed on premises.
- Keeps records of work hours and parts utilized, and work performed for each service call.
- Requisitions replacement parts and supplies.
- Manage the PM base to achieve the company standards of completion.
- Control Mileage recovery and vehicle expense
- Manage Effective billing rate
- Supervises all customer service jobs to ensure service work is provided in accordance to established standard of profitability.
- Ensures technicians submit paperwork promptly.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations.
- Ensures road and shop equipment is maintained in good operating condition.
- Setting objectives for service employees and monitoring results through appraisals and scorecards.
- Recruits and selects service employees.
- Evaluates all department employees and provide necessary training.
- Monitors all accounts past due on the aged trial balance.
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a current valid drivers license must be maintained at all times.
- Provides safety guidance and training for all technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has supervisory responsibilities of service administration and technicians.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred, high school graduate or equivalent
- Five years of related experience in the material handling industry
- Previous supervisor experience
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.